Sunday, July 27, 2008

sewing frenzy

I'm in the sewing mood! One of our good family friends had a baby shower yesterday. I, of course, had to make her something. She had found some UNC fabric she liked and asked if I could do something with it for her. I decided to make her a little jumper dress. I finished the dress one morning while my hair dried. It took seriously less than 40 minutes to make. After that I decide I really should put something else with since she bought the fabric and such. So I knitted her a baby hat. I came up with something new and clever. It turned out so cute that Analise has one in the making! MAN- I wish I knew what gender our baby was! :) I finished the hat and still felt like the gift need a little something. I decided to google unique baby shower gifts. I came across a product called "Hooter Hiders." Can you guess what it is? It's exactly what it says- a nursing cover to hide your hooters. :) What a name! It still makes me laugh. Who really calls them that? Anywho... they were selling these things anywhere from $35-$50. My first thought... You have got to be kidding me! Loved the concept but the price was ridiculous. I decided to make one of course. I put in some little terry cloth pockets to hold pacifiers and such and terry cloth so you can wipe the excess off afterwards. It was so cute I made myself one. It's very girly but I figured the baby isn't wearing it- I AM! It doesn't matter what color it is- right? Many really liked it that I think this is what I'll be making all friends with babies in the future!




0 comments: