Monday, July 21, 2008

Pictures and Stories

The week without TV went really well. The boys only complained a couple of times and that was it. We played lots of games and the kids discovered toys they haven't played with in a long time. I did find my house was a bigger mess by the end of the day. The only time it was weird for Cheeto and I was at night when we'd sit down to eat our snack before bed. It was odd just eating in silence. I even found I go to bed just fine without a tv or radio on. Now we know all of this we have limited our television time to one movie a day. The boys complained when they discovered because they chose to watch a movie this morning that that meant they weren't going to get play the playstation. It didn't last long. However, they did try to be sneaky and watch a part of a movie while I taking a nap with Analise. The only time I watch TV is at night after kids go to bed and I found that reading fills that time nicely. Of course we have our shows we like that we will watch but the time that's spent in between those shows is gone.

We were grilling tonight. Kelson and Analise were waiting by the front door with Daddy's panthers apron in hand just waiting to help him cook the chicken. Analise was probably the most excited that her apron matched Daddy's. She has become very clingy to me opposed to how she use to be with Cheeto. However, She knows what gets her daddy. She knows exactly who the steelers and panthers are and that whatever she does/wears for her daddy that it will make him smile.
Notice the bag of cereal on top of the cupboards. A few mornings ago Analise wanted to eat that specific cereal for breakfast. You all know that there was no way I was going to reach those without climbing up there to get them. I told her we could wake daddy up soon and he would get them down for her. She kept signing cereal and hungry like she just couldn't wait for daddy. She asked me to sit her on the fridge so she could get them. I sat her up there and immediately she started crying and wanted down. When I asked her to lean forward so I could get her down she panicked. She then made Kelson go get daddy up to come and get her down. I guess she won. She woke daddy up and got her cereal too.

1 comments:

melissa said...

what cuties! you are better than me with the tv maybe one day I'll get ambitious enough to try that