Tuesday, July 08, 2008

New Library visit

Today I decided we were going to try a new library. I found out the downtown library is closer and a neighbor told me they have a great children's selection. The one we usually visit has a fun house in it that the kids enjoy so I was hoping there would be something at the downtown one that they would like. You have to park in a parking garage next door. The kids were so confused. We don't use parking garages very often. They thought because they weren't actually in front of the library that we weren't really going to the library. They seriously thought I was teasing about taking them to them. We got inside and they were so pleased. The house they have there was different but still entertaining. They had some children sized lounge chairs for them to read in, which excited Analise! Cade and Kelson loved was the huge selection of books they had in their reading levels. It wasn't long before they were all in love with all the movies they had. They told us the limit was 5 per adult card and 2 per child. We could have brought home as many as 11 movies. There were lots they were interested in but we limited it to 5 this time. Best to spread out the entertainment over the rest of the summer. On the way out Analise was asking me where her card was. It used to be that you had to be age 4 to get a card, so for Cade and Kelson's 4th birthdays we took them to get their own library cards. I thought it was still that way so I was trying to explain to my 2 year old that she wasn't old enough yet when the lady said she could get her a card. Analise was THRILLED.... as you can see! They turned in their June reading logs and got some prizes- little pads of paper, pencils, stickers, and a free admission ticket to ArtQuest. We might have to take them there one afternoon. I'm a proud mommy knowing that my kids love to read and look at books so much. Kelson is becoming quite the little reader and he hasn't even started kindergarten. I think he looks up to his big brother, Cade and wants to read like him. Cade reads like a mad man!






0 comments: