Sunday, July 27, 2008

Swimming and more swimming

Lettie gets every other Friday off work. Since we had rain checks to Emerald Point we recruited her to go with us this time. Mom decided to go as well but she had to be home by 1pm so she didn't stay too long. Cheeto had to stay home and work. He was missed! We had so much fun with him last time. It was fun with Tia and G'ma too though! There is no way I could take them alone. Emerald Point is not a place I would want season passes to unless I had teenagers. It's too big and too much all of the time. Couple times a season is good for me. We took the boys on as many slides as we could while G'ma was there to watch Sassy. She couldn't go on the ones they wanted to so this worked out perfect. Then through the afternoon we stuck together. We didn't stay as long as last time but we felt we had our days worth. The kids had a blast. We ended up running into a lot of old friends. As I pulled up to park we ran into a friend of the families that Cheeto and Lettie went to high school with. We ended up parking right next to them. She's in town for a few weeks every summer so Cheeto and I double date with her and her husband. Then we ran into the Gladdens' and the Abreu's. It was a fun day. Of all the days Cheeto had to stay home and work! Poor guy!



Later that night the kids had plans to stay the night with Tia. Yep- all three of them. So Cheeto and I had the evening and night to ourselves. It was pretty quiet around here. We ran a few errands; even found some steals for Christmas presents. We ended up in a ice cream/dessert shop called Maxie B's. It was so cute in there. I'm going to have to have a girl's night there sometimes. So CUTE! The prices were great and I love frozen yogurt! Saturday morning was great not having to wake up to kids fighting and slamming doors. We did our usual Saturday errands and chores and ended the day swimming again. This time at Bur-Mil for our annual ward party. I wasn't feeling the greatest so Cheeto did most of the playing with the kids, which is what they wanted anyway. Cheeto has been gone so much lately that I think the kids really needed this time with him. He was asked to judged the diving contest towards the end. Thankfully a sister in the ward saved me by taking Analise around the pool. We went to get Krispy Kreme for donuts after and all colapsed when we got home. I'm ready for my Sunday afternoon laziness!




There was a primary activity right before the ward pool party. Kelson was the only one interested in participating. This his marshmallow temple he built. He was proud of it. Analise just wanted to eat it.





0 comments: