Sunday, July 13, 2008

Eew..... Gross Mom!



Yesterday morning there was a knock on our door. It was from our neighbor. She had a bag full of greens beans, cucumbers, and zucchini. I was so excited for the zucchini. I have been wanting to make zucchini bread for awhile. After a day full of errands, last night was the first chance I had to make it. Cheeto had gone back to the office to study late. I started grating the zucchini when Cade came in and said, "Eew. What is that? It looks gross! You're not going to put that in what you're cooking are you?" I sent him away until I was done. He loves my pumpkin bread so I knew he would like it. Kelson and Analise on the other hand were chomping at the bit to taste the batter. They didn't care in the least. Once the bread started baking and the house was filled with the aroma Cade perked up and said, "YUM MOM! Smells like cinnamon bread. When will it be done, it's making me hungry!" It wasn't out of the oven 2 minute when all 3 of them had gathered around the table with napkins in front of them waiting for their taste. Cade immediately took 2 slices which made the other 2 follow. 5 minutes later- one mini loaf was completely gone- crumbs and all. I must admit I ate my share. It was probably the best recipe I have found. Super YUMMY!



1 comments:

Mary said...

My mom use to make it all the time. I have two zuchinnis sitting here waiting to be turned into bread...poof! No, they are still sitting here. I love zuchinni bread!
Yours looks really yummy!
Mary