Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Just the Usual...Stress

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I checked on the tree that I transplanted on Saturday. I still can't tell if it is going to make it or not, which I guess is a good sign. Maybe it will still hang on. We've been giving it plenty of water, and the leaves look a little curled, but I would expect them to look dead and be losing color, which they aren't. I guess time will tell.

I'm afraid that I may have allergies after all. I am feeling better than I did on Monday, but I have never developed any cough or sore throat or anything like that. And the s ymptoms seem to come and go during the day. Maybe it was just a flukey thing because I spent all day Saturday outside. We'll see.

After work we made a quick run to Wal-Mart to get stuff for our camping trip on Friday. We didn't have anything to cook marshmallows with at the house, so we bought some long fork thingies...and we also needed chocolate for the s'mores...we didn't have any Off! so we got some of that. We also bought one more fold up chair for the boys. We got one that was exactly like the other that we have at the house so that there would be no fighting. I just hope I can control these two on Friday. There is a lake there and of course there will be fires all over the place, so I'm a little nervous about that. Not so worried about Cade as much as I am Kelson.

I also did a little studying after we got home. I have my first exam for my CLU designation a week from tomorrow (23rd) and I am reviewing now. I'm pretty nervous. It is expensive if I don't pass the test because I will have to pay to take it again...and if I don't get it taken again before the end of the month I have to pay for the course all over again. Just wonderful...more stress.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena and the boys went to Bur-Mil to the swimming pool with the Plummer's again today. They left mid-morning, got back mid-afternoon (which left me on my own for lunch). Shena said they had a good time. They were all a little red when I saw them tonight. She said Kelson was much more clingy than before, so she didn't have to worry about him as much. They took a lunch with them and all ate together there at the pool.

They were also pretty good boys when we ran to Wal-Mart. I think they (at least Cade is...he knows what's going on) excited to go camping on Friday. Looks like the weather will be ok. A little warm (83) but not too bad. The low is supposed to be like 62 so we won't have to worry about being cold, either.

Arellano Update
None to report that I know of.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:00 - 7:30 - I'm not sleeping very well because of this stuffy nose thing. I feel pretty dang tired in the morning, but have a hard time getting to sleep at night...par for the course, I guess

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted mini-wheats - dinner last night left me feeling hungry this morning

Lunch: Frank & Stein's (Deli) - Chili and Cheese dog with mustard, fries, coke - then we (had lunch with Teresa since my family was having fun at the pool without me) stopped at Cold Stone for some ice cream...I wound up accidentally getting way more than I wanted, so I was stuffed.

Dinner: Shena's Frito's and chili soup with cheese and sour cream, water...had a few chocolate chip cookies and milk just before bed.

0 comments: