Monday, June 06, 2005

Lawnmower Man

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Work was work.

Met Shena and the boys at Mom's for dinner. I had to get her lawn mowed no matter what. Mom said that when Marcos mowed the yard last week, he had a little help from our cousin Gabriel, who brought over a riding lawn mower. I got mom to call him and ask him to bring it over so that I could use it too...but he didn't have a key for the shed...which meant I was going to have to push the lawn mower. I wasn't look forward to it...but wound up doing it anyway. It took twice as long as it should have because the grass was so long. I just left the clippings in the yard in the back, but bagged them in the front so that the neighbors wouldn't be mad at mom and dad for having such a messy yard. It was my fault, after all, that it was so long. Took me about 2 hours to get it all done. I was only making two or three passes before the bag was full of clippings. Kind of frustrating.

When I got home, it was time for the boys to go to bed, so I helped them brush their teeth, then put them down. They have had their Mickey Mouse tent out the last couple of days and wanted to sleep in it tonight. No fights or anything, which is always a good thing. They went right to bed and I didn't hear from them again. After they went down, Shena was already asleep on the couch (they all must have been tired from playing today...see below), so I caught up on my blog...maybe you noticed...but I doubt it. :) Pretty eventful day for me, huh? Oh, and I never did hear back from the Dutch Barn people, which is frustrating. They've got my money, but I can't use my barn because it won't pass inspection.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena and the boys met Dede and her kids at Bur-Mil today after lunch. I think they spent the rest of the afternoon there at the pool. I was almost in their way during lunch they were in such a rush to get out there. Shena said the boys had a great time, but she had to watch Kelson really closely. He isn't scared of the water and she said he was supposed to go down the slide at one point, she looked up and saw him headed toward the deep end. She got there just as he jumped into the water. Crazy kid. They said they had fun...and I'm sure that is why they were all so tired tonight...it was hot out there and they played hard.

Arellano Update
Talking to mom tonight she said she was going to do some travelling this summer. Not sure why she wants to, but she say's she will be on the road from next until end of August. She is going to Mexico next week, will be back in time to travel to Washington D.C., will head out to Utah and San Diego, come back home to go down to Atlanta with Shena and I to see her brother coming off his mission in Tallahassee, then she said she will probably go back to Mexico. We'll see if she can handle all of that. Sounds like a lot to me, but she gets these crazy ideas in her head sometimes.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:30 - 7:30 - I was actually up at 6:30...but couldn't stay up, then I got up again at 7:00 to get Kelson a sippy cup of milk, but couldn't stay up again, so I laid back down until 7:30.

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: tuna on wheat with cheese and lettuce, carrot sticks, ranch dressing (for dip), water

Dinner: pinto beans, home made corn tortillas, sprite (good food just before you go out to mow...for future reference for any of you who are about to go outside on a hot, muggy evening to mow grass that is about 5 days over due.

0 comments: