Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Long Awaited "Marcos" Blog

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Worked.

Went to dinner with the family (see below) - continued reading my book...these posts get more and more exciting, don't they?

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena made some signs for Kristi Yow's reception on Saturday. She has been helping out with the reception quite a bit, and people were asking for a sign so they would know where to go for the reception. I guess there will be guests driving around Greensboro randomly looking for an 18" x 30" sign that say's "Yow-Malcolm Reception." I hope they happen to be driving around the right section of town or they may never find it. Personally, I plan on using the directions that were included with the announcement...and if I can't find the directions, I plan on getting the address and then looking at a map to get there. Seems a little easier that way, though admittedly it will take quite a bit more brain power than I normally like to use.

Cade is on cloud nine right now because we happen to go into an EB Games (video game) store that had a used version of "ATV Off Road Fury" for $6 that we bought. We used to have "ATV II" but he accidentally broke it a year or so ago. He was upset then, but of course got over it. But since we bought the new one he has been excited to play it as much as we will let him. I'm afraid one of these days his brain is going to start oozing out his ear from all the video game crap we let him play....that or he will be one "Hot Eggs Laid Low" of a surgeon.

Arellano Update
Lettie flew in this afternoon for the wedding. I met them at Ham's after work. Kind of nice the way it owrked out. I was on the phone with a client a little later than I expected, so I told Shena what to order me. I arrived just as the food got there, so I didn't have to wait at all. We are going to be headed to Washington DC on Thrusday, so I only have one more day of work, then I'm off for 5 full days. Should be nice. Anway, we were toalking about Lettie, huh? She will be in town until Sunday, I think. I'm sure she will spend a majority of her time running around trying to visit all her friends before she leaves.

Marcos finally startred a blog. He was wanting a place to post pictures for us to see...and Blogger.com just created a new feature on Friday (24th) that allows you to do that. You can see what he has to say (not much) here. A disclaimer: I have no control or influence over what he says in his blogs. The poor kid is a little confused on how things should work...and despite my best efforts, he continues to live in some weird, convoluted little fantasy world.

Christensen Update
Shena promised me last night that she was going to start writing in here...I swear. Next time you talk to her, ask why she isn't doing it.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:30 - 6:17 - I've figured out that we are going to have to leave the house at 7:30 each morning to get Cade to school on itme. And since I will be the one taking him to school, I am going to get in the habit now of leaving the house at 7:30 every morning. Deja vu. Seems like I've tried getting up at 6:00 before...how did that work out last time?

TODAY:
Breakfast: bowl of frosted flakes

Lunch: tuna on white, extra cheese, frito's, the leftover of my Mt. Deew froms yesterday's lunch, a brownie and milk.

Dinner: Ham's - cheese lover's (that's me) cheeseburger, chips, ranch dressing (for dipping the chips), root bear - had Kelson's ice cream from his kid's meal that he didn't want. Never had any treats tonight (trying to see if not eating sugar right before bed time will help me go to sleep...I doubt it, because I think I sleep better on a full stomach than with no sugar in my veins).

0 comments: