Thursday, June 02, 2005

Ed "The Tool Man" Plummer

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I ordered the inspection for the storage shed today, but they said they wouldn't be here until tomorrow. No big rush, I guess, since they are calling for rain for the next three months. I won't be real interested in slogging through the mud to go out there, so whatever.

I wound up working a little late today, which messed up our evening...but no big deal. We got on a call with a client about 5:15, didn't finish until an hour later (we thought it would take about 15 minutes).

We decided we were tired of our windows not having blinds, and we didn't want to try to deal with the crowd on Saturday. So we stopped at Home Depot before we went to Lowe's just to check the prices. Home Depot wound up being about $70 cheaper for the three windows we were buying for tonight. We got some faux wood blinds, that should look nice once we finally get them put up. I may have to bug Ed to come over and help me. Not sure if I mentioned this already or not (I don't think I did)....Monday we put up a cue stick rack and a white board on the wall in Ed's bonus room where his pool table is. We were in kind of a hurry and didn't think it through really well. Next thing you know we had to dry wall screws in the wall too far apart to use. We had to improvise a bit and the white board looks a little funny because one screw is through the middle (of the top) of the board, and the other is about 2 inches from the end. Shena and Dede harrassed us and told us what morons we were for not putting them up right in the first place...Jimmy Adams just shook his head at us. Anyway, now that I think about it, bmaybe I DON'T want Ed to help me put up the blinds.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Not much to report. The boys were pretty good at the store for us. They ran around a bit, but listened pretty good when I told them to calm down and quit. They can be good sometimes.

Arellano Update
Marcos IM'd me 1/2 way through the day. He said he had been given one project to work on for the day at his internship, and he had already finished it. No one was around to give him something else to do, so he was bored. I tried to get him to start his own blog...but I doubt it will happen. I'll have to keep bugging him to do it.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 10:45 - 6:30 - still doing well with this getting up at 6:30 thing

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted mini-wheats

Lunch: Leftover chicken teriyaki from the other night. The good thing about frozen foods is that the leftovers taste the same as when you first make it...since all it really is is leftovers anyway. Had water with my food.

Dinner: KFC - We didn't get done with Home Depot until after 8:00, so we didn't bother trying to fix anything. The boys had already eaten Mac and cheese before I got home from work, so it was just Shena and I. We got an 8 piece with mashed potatoes and green beans. Ate about 1/2 of it...I'm sure I'll get the leftovers either tomorrow or the day after. Had water with dinner, then had a Snickers Ice Cream Bar before bed (closest thing we have to a "treat" for me today).

0 comments: