Monday, June 13, 2005

I Hope This Isn't Allergies

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I've lived in NC off and on for about a dozen years. I have spent hours and hours outside during all different times of the year. Up to this point, I have never developed any allergies that I now of to all of the green and plants that are around here. But the last couple of years I've been nervous that I might develop them because Shena was fine for the first couple of years we were here, but within the last two has started having problems. This weekend I started feeling a little stuffy and sneezy...nothing real bad. Had a hard time sleeping Sunday night and then today I was not feeling very well at all...more stuffiness, more sneezing. I keep hoping that I am actually getting a cold, but I don't know if that is the case or not. I can't think of anyone that I've been around in the last week or so who was sick, so I'm nervous. I'm afraid that I have allergies myself. Which is kind of weird because Shena is not having any more problems (she probably won't again until fall) and it has rained quite a bit the last week...but who knows. Let's hope I develop a horrible cough and my snot turns green in the next day or two. Pray for me, won't you?

Work was a typical Monday...busy as crud, but nothing "bad" happened, which is not typical for a Monday. I'm not complaining.

Went to Mexico with the family for dinner, since mom is leaving tomorrow for the REAL Mexico. Since I wasn't feeling real good Shena and I split a lunch chicken fajita...which I normally eat by myself...and it was still a little bit too much food. I just had two small burritos and a sprite. Didn't feel like eating. After that we had FHE...made cards and cookies for mom to take down to dad for Father's day. I tried to talk Shena into letting Cade go with grandma, but she wasn't hearing it. When I was Cade's age I went with my dad to Mexico. He loves to tell that story, and he has started bugging Shena to try to get her to let him take Cade now. I don't think it will ever happen. No, I'm SURE it will never happen. She is way too protective. I think Cade would love it, but Shena won't even consider it.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Cade and Kelson had fun stamping the cards. They got ink all over their fingers. Kelson, especially. He was just kind of going nuts, slamming the stamp in the ink, then stamping about 12 times from the same stamp, etc. Funny kid. They spent the last 1/2 hour before they went to bed jumping off the couch saying "Watch grandma" and "To infinity, and beyond!" Well, Kelson says "(mumble, mumble) and yeyonth." When they get going like that, Kelson just does whatever Cade does. Scary. But I guess that is what little brothers do at that age.

Arellano Update
Mom went and bought her a new chair from Costco...don't tell dad. He'll find out when he comes back home. I think I mentioned before that we took the chair she had in her bedroom, that was Bart's old chair. We had a $100 off coupon for her, so she went and picked it up today. Shena and I will be putting it together while she is gone to Mexico.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:00 - 6:30 - but I didn't sleep much...the couch isn't very comfortable...that's all I have to say about that.

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: Leftover sweet and sour chicken from Saturday night - tasted about the same...is that good or bad? - white rice, wheat bread, orange juice (just in case this IS a cold that I'm coming down with)

Dinner: Mexico - already told you up above...pay attention!

0 comments: