Sunday, June 05, 2005

Saints and Soldiers

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Last night when I went to bed I was having a hard time with my equilibrium. I guess when I was studying I stuck one of my ear plugs in too far or something. I don't know what it was. But it kept me up most of the night...and then this morning it was better, but it still felt like I was slowly spinning around. I wound up skipping out on church. Shena thanked me because she was on time...she blames me every week if we are running late. Says it's my fault. I guess she proved that today.

Went to mom's after church, and I continued to feel a little better. To clarify, I never FELT bad, I just was dizzy. I didn't feel real nauseas or anything...just uneasy on my feet. This afternoon was the same...felt fine, just a little dizzy (though not as bad as last night or this morning). After mom's, came home and slept. Since I didn't get any last night, I took advantage of everybody else taking a nap and slept 2 hours myself. Felt good, but it is going to get me tonight when I try to go to sleep.

After the nap, Shena and I decided to watch Saints and Soldiers. We borrowed it from mom. Very, very, very good movie. If you haven't seen it, see it. Very well done, very good story. I loved "Private Ryan" but a big portion of that "love" was because of the special effects and the way it dramatized war...made it "real" for me. This movie didn't have to have the special effects to be good. It was a war movie, no doubt, but you almost forgot that it was a war movie during certain parts. You were more wrapped up in what was going to happen to the characters than you were anticipating what cool fight sequence was going to come up next. The thing that really blows me away is the fact that it was all done for under $1Million. $1Million. For EVERYTHING. Can you imagine? How in the world? Most movies that come out of Hollywood have over $1Million invested in ONE ACTOR...let alone a whole movie. Rent it, or buy it, just see it...because "Cheeto said so."

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
The boys were good for Shena at church, which was good to hear. I was nervous the whole time that she would come home mad at them (and indirectly at me for not going). But she said they did a good job...and that Kelson fell asleep during sacrament meeting (which he hasn't done since he was about 3 months old). He is a cute kid, but he is cutest when he is asleep because you don't have to worry about what he may be getting into or doing that he shouldn't be.

Arellano Update
Mom's grass is looking pretty rough. I really shouldn't have put it off yesterday and mowed it. mom also told us she is headed for Mexico on June 14. She will be gone for two weeks, then get back just in time to go to Washington D.C. for Kristi Yow's wedding (on July 1). Sounds like she is going to get some frequent flyer miles in this year.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 2:00 - 7:30 - off and on...kind of hard to sleep when every time you move the room starts spinning

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn niblits, strawberry jam and rolls, milk

Dinner: none - ate a piece of snickers cheesecake and a couple cookies from yesterday that were still sitting on the cookie sheet on the stove...they were just ASKING to be eaten...milk with it all, of course

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who was your favorite in the movie? Did sissy like the music? If she does, let me know and I will get her the cd.