Sunday, January 30, 2005

Wasn't So Bad

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Had a nice relaxing day at home today. The ice was pretty much melted and off the roads by 11:30, so we went and visited grandma and grandpa "A" and had lunch with them. They boys played with grandpa while the rest of us read and relaxed. My back has been hurting pretty good, so I spent most of the time sitting as straight as I could in a chair. Didn't seem to help much. I'm hurting right now.

I started reading Tom Clancy's Teeth of the Tiger. It was on the floor in the room where I was sitting today, so I started reading it. I don't know when (or if) I'll ever get the chance to finish it, cut I thought it looked pretty good.

I also found mom's old Frankling planner, which is green, of course. I wish I'd remembered she still had it. I might not have bought the one from Franklin and Office Depot. I may still try to take the one from O.D. back, if they will take it.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
We watched "Friday Night Lights" with the Clear Play filter on. Neither of us had seen it, so we don't know what we missed, but I'm sure nothing important. Pretty good film. Now that I've seen it, I will have to do a little searching and see what I can find out about Booby. I seem to remember hearing a little something about him when the movie first came out, but I don't remember much other than he never really did anything after he blew his knee out.

Kelson has suddenly had a TERRIBLE time going to bed. Tonight has been the worst yet. We can't get him to stay in bed, even though he is VERY tired. He keeps rubbing his eyes, but he wants Shena to sleep with him. Not sure what is the problem. Cade watched "Toy Story 2" today, which has a preview for "Monsters, Inc." and when the preview came on he came running to me, "Dada, dada," and buried his head in my neck until the preview was over. Shena had told me yesterday that he didn't like it, but I didn't realize it was that bad. Not sure if he is scared of the dark now, or what.

Cade is still being a really good boy. He seems to do this on occassion. We'll have a bad day or two where he talks back, but then he'll go a week or so and just be a really good kid. The only problem we have had today is his not doing things when we ask him too...like picking up toys. We have to ask him 3 or 4 times and threaten to make him sit on the mat before he will do it. He keeps saying, "I can't. It's too many toys to pick up." I asked my mom if she ever had a hard time getting us to do things like that...she just gave me a "whatever, do you really have to ask?" look.

Arellano Update
Talked to Melissa (Adam's wife) today. She said she really likes her new Land Rover. Adam surprised her. Apparently it was supposed to be a V-Day gift, but the credit union called looking for Adam at the house and tip her off that he was buying it. She said he went as far as he could to deny it...even having the dealership call and leave a message saying something along the lines of "sorry we couldn't get the deal done."

Christensen Update
Bart & Cherie will be coming out to visit on February 23 for a week or so. They found $100 tickets into Raleigh (round trip, of course). Hard to turn down those kinds of tickets. This may be the only chance we get to see them before fall harvest, so we are excited to have them come.

Daily Report
YESTERDAY:
Weather: Hi 48 - Low 28 - not sure how in the world that is possible, but I guess I'll go by what they say. All day yesterday was nasty and cold...and it certainly wasn't 48 when the rain started coming down.

LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 1:00-8:30 - I have a hard time getting to sleep before 1:00 on Saturday nights because there is this dumb show that comes on our local WB station called "The Outer Limits" that for some reason I watch all the time. It's an old Sci-Fi show that I just can't seem to quit watching, regardless of how poor the acting and the sets are.

TODAY:
Breakfast: Waffles, hashbrowns, chocolate milk - the only reason I ate breakfast this morning is that we didn't have church - otherwise it would have been "none" again.

Lunch: "Tracy's chicken" (chicken breast marinated in Italian dressing) cooked on a George Foreman. Not as good as outside on the grill, but ok. We also had funeral potatoes, corn and homemade rolls, coke. Shena made a caramel, coconut brownie dessert. VERY gooey...which is the best way if you ask me. Had a small glass of milk with it.

Dinner: Are you kidding me? After eating a breakfast and lunch like that? No way was I hungry. I did make me a chocolate oreo and banana milkshake, though.

0 comments: