Friday, January 28, 2005

Dinner at Ham's Lakeside

Work & Play
Typical Friday. Had a hard time focusing on work. I guess I'm not the only one, but sometimes i feel bad for having such a hard time on Friday. The week can wear on you I guess.

Had a stake basketball game, but I only played about the first 4 minutes or so. My back was bothering me and we had enough people there (9) that they didn't need me, so I sat out the rest of the game. We lost on a last second three pointer by Tyler Page (15 or 16, not sure which). Any of you who konw the Pages, know they are ballers. And Tyler has been dribbling since he was a year old. It was an incredible shot, NBA range with a defender in his face.

Any of you ever played Electric Football? Funny article about a bunch of old men trying to hang on to their youth. I only actually played once or twice when I was a kid at a friends house. It takes WAY too long to play a game. Probably longer than a real football game. Set up between the plays takes several minutes. I can just imagine these guys around the table, headbands, jerseys, black grease under their eyes, jerseys on.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena said Cade was "an angel" today. She worked out with Leesa Lundrigan at Leesa's club, and Cade just played and read books. Very cooperative. It's nice to have days like that.

Kelson, on the other hand, was a little poop. He screamed about everything and is starting to hit his terrible two's, I think. If I remember right, this is about the age (21 months) that Cade started his. We just have to not be lazy and continue to discipline him and let him know who is in charge.

Arellano Update
Went to dinner with Mom & Dad to Ham's Lakeside. It's become one of our favorite spots to eat. The non-smoking section is so far away from the smoking section that you don't smell any smoke at all...which is rare in NC. It is also so loud in there that we don't have to worry about the kids being too noisy. Not to mention, the burgers and sandwiches are very good.

Dad said he played 36 holes of golf yesterday out at Bryan Park on the Player's course. Crazy Mexican. Like I mention below, it was NOT a warm day. He said he played all 36 in about 4 1/2 hours. Nobody else on the course that he saw.

Christensen Update
I'm trying to recruit Shena to fill in this information for me. She talks to her mom and sisters quite regularly, but I don't always get an update. I also don't know what they would want me sharing with the world!

Daily Report
YESTERDAY:
Weather: Hi 46 - Low 22 - mostly sunny - felt much colder than that 46!

LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:30 to 7:00

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Leftover sweet and sour chicken, white rice and two pieces of wheat bread - water

Dinner: Ham melt (ham, swiss cheese, lettuce, honey mustard), baked beans, root beer - later had chocolate filling oreos (3) and a banana (one brown spotted one left...maybe make a milkshake tomorrow?)

0 comments: