Monday, January 31, 2005

Limber Buttocks Massage

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Should I tell the story now? Nawww...make you wait a bit.

At lunch I stopped in to our corner Bank of America (where we bank) to see about getting a home equity line of credit for the addition to our house. A pretty painless process so far, but then again all they did was take my name, social security number and a small vial of blood. I thought that was kind of weird, but the lady behind the desk said it had something to do with the Patriot Act or something...kidding. It will probably be a week or two before we hear something back, but we are in no huge rush. It's not like we HAVE to have the room built in 6 months or something. The girl who helped me, Melissa Bruce, said she went to school with Lettie (Northeast Guilford) and that she saw my mom quite regularly (I guess one of my siblings banks there or something...I don't think they do). I tried to use some of those connections to get me a better rate, but no luck.

I got an AWESOME letter in the mail today from the Pittsburgh Steelers. I will scan it at work tomorrow and post it on here so that you can all behold it's sweetness. I decided a couple of months ago that if I ever wanted season tickets to the Steelers, I better go ahead and get on the waiting list. I figured by the time my name is next on the list, my grandkids will be in their 40's and have a little bit of money. They can then get two season tickets in memory of good ol' grandpappy (Papa Poof, they'll call me). But the letter says I'm on the list. Good enough for me. Shena rolled her eyes, but she humored me.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to tell my story (Clear Play version)...so I walk into physical therapy today, my left hind parts sore from trying to play basketball Friday night. I told my therapist, Jenn, that it is hurting kinda bad. So she says, "let's go take a look." And to make a long story short...and clean...I wound up with my bare bottom (sorry, my mom didn't like me to use the word "butt") exposed while Jenn used a thing that looked like an ultrasound wand (cold gel and everything) that used microwaves or something to apply heat to that deep muscle that has been hurting. That or she was suddenly confused and was looking for a baby's heartbeat. Not exactly what I expected when I walked into therapy, but oh well. The good news is I showered this morning and she didn't snicker or ask me to be sure to use "Nair" next time.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Not much to report. The boys did their thing today...you know, tearing up the house, pulling every toy they own out so that they were spread from the living room, to our bed, to their room. We used to try to get them to pick up their toys in their room before they went to bed, now we just make them clean the living room and then clear a walking path through their room to their bed.

I think Kelson is getting sick. He's been real whiny today and felt a little hot tonight. Nose running, coughing during the night, type thing. Doesn't stop him from putting on mine or Shena's shoes everytime we leave them out and saying "Go. Go." every five seconds. Kid likes to be on the move.
Arellano Update
Dad wasn't feeling well either. Not sure who gave the sickness to who, but as much time as the boys spend hanging out with grandpa, it is to be expected.

Christensen Update
I hope that I am ok to report this. If not, Erin, let me know. Erin & Sky found out they were having a little girl today. I guess they had about the same experience as I had today, only a bit more modest and expected. Congratulations! I swear, if you want, you can use "Anselma" if you want to name the baby after me!

Daily Report
YESTERDAY:
Weather: Hi 42 - Low 30

LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:30 - 6:30 - Kelson didn't go to sleep until about 11 and then was up at 6:30. Weird kid. Needless to say, he and Cade were both asleep by 8:00 tonight

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Leftover Tracy's Chicken sandwich, cheese, miracle whip, mustard - bugles and milk - also had a bite or two of those brownies Shena made yesterday.

Dinner: Shena makes this slow cooked roast in Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce that tastes alot like pig BBQ. It's pretty dang good, and it just falls apart when you pick at it. She cooked some of that meat and I put it on a hoagie roll with cheese on both sides of the roll - bugles again, and a sprite. Just got done eating another brownie and milk.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, so I don't get it. Did you tell the story or did you mean that we have to wait another day? I'm confused...too much legal reading on the brain