Thursday, January 27, 2005

Visiting the Hiatts

Work & Play
Second day of physical therapy. I now have two exercises to work on - stretch my hamstring, and then some weird yoga type position that is supposed to stretch the deeper muscles in my gluteus maximus. Good news is my back is feeling good today and I will probably play in our men's stake basketball game tomorrow night.

I'm having a hard time right now trying to figure out the best system for maintaining my calendar. For the last several years I have been using an Ipaq (PDA), but it's been acting up recently, and I'm not really interested in spending $300 for a new one, but it would cost about $150 to get my Franklin up and going again. I may just wind up trying to fix the Ipaq for now.

Had Elder's Quorum meeting tonight, after which we stopped in as a presidency (all 4 of us) to talk to Craig & Susie Hiatt. They have a nice little house, and seem pretty excited to be here in Greensboro. They are expecting their first in June, and have found out it will be a girl. They kept talking about wanting to apologize to Shena since she is so anxious to have a girl next time we get pregnant. They are probably the most polite people you will ever meet. Craig is a Hiatt, so he is super nice and polite anyway, but Susie is even MORE polite, which I didn't think was possible. Anyway, we had a good chat with them, (beginning sarcasm) except for our bonehead 1st Counselor (I won't give his name here, he knows who he is) showed up about and hour after the other three of us did and we had to repeat our conversation all over again. He kept asking the same questions we had asked before he arrived. (end of sarcasm) When I got home about 9:00, Kelson was asleep on the "naughty mat"... apparently he wouldn't stay in bed, so he had to sit on the mat...wouldn't it just have been easier to sleep in the bed?

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Just remembered that I failed to mention that Cade, Grandpa and Kelson went to the driving/putting range at Bur-Mil Tuesday. Sounds like they had a good time.

Cade keeps having these weird episodes where he is talking back and ignoring what we say, then not two minutes later is the most polite kid you could ever meet. I'm not sure what his deal is, but it sure is hard to know how to deal with that. It's so cool to hear him be polite, ask nicely, help Kelson, put away his dishes, etc. - but so frustrating when he talks back and we have to punish him (still using the "naughty mat"). I guess I was a little grouch as a kid, so this is my punishment, huh?

Kelson's vocabulary continues to expand. He is getting better at pronouncing words and now knows "what comes after 1 and what comes after 2" (although I don't think he knows what comes after 0).

Arellano Update
I guess I will announce to the rest of you who aren't involved in my football fantasy league that Marcos won the championship this year. You can find a picture of the "holy grail" presentation from the "League Commissioner" here. He has won the last two years, so he's getting an awfully big head about it. He thinks he belongs in the same class as the New England Patriots.

Christensen Update
Erin, Shena's sister, reports that I too am "beautiful". Thanks, Erin, for the show of support...I think you, Shena and my mom are the minority on that opinion!

Daily Report
YESTERDAY:
Weather: Hi 42 - Low 29 - partly cloudy

LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:30 - 7:00 - I didn't even hear Kelson get up this morning...Shena reports he was up at 6:00, but she let me sleep!

TODAY:
Breakfast: The usual - NONE

Lunch: Corn tortillas with cheese - banana, milk

Dinner: Sweet and sour chicken, white rice, fresh rolls - milk - I'll be having another banana and milk shortly - Shena only likes them when they are GREEN and I only like them with small brown spots...and they have small brown spots right now, so I have to eat them quick!

0 comments: