Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Meeting with our Contractor

Work & Play
Jim would forget his head if it wasn't screwed on. He is on his way to Florida for the month of February and he came in bragging about how he should go to FL every month because it helps him get so organzied with is work and his files etc. Then he goes out the door and leaves his planner sitting on the receptionists counter. I wound up having to meet him halfway between the office and how far he had gotten down the road (about 15 miles).

Still trying to get our new girl, Heather, trained. Everytime we sit down to go over something new I keep thinking "there is soooo much more that we need to go over." I feel like I may never feel like she is fully trained. At some point I'm just going to have to walk away and let her figure some stuff out on her own. I worry too much about having everything done the way I did it.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Met with the guy who we will probably pick to take care of the addition onto our house. We feel like he is the best of the 3 or 4 that we have talked to. He comes highly recommended from the Slacks. We have seen a couple of things that he has done for them and it looks like good work. I've got to get the financing lined up now so that we can sign the contract and get going. He thought it would probably take 4-5 weeks to get it done. Luckily it won't be an existing room that we have to learn how to work around the construction guys. They will probably be out of our way most of the time.

Shena and I watched Amazing Race again last night...part of the race went through Sri Lanka, apparently just a few weeks before the tsunami. We were glad to see Lori & Bolo get knocked out. They were almost as annoying as Jon and Victoria. Both of those teams were the epitome of American "it's not my fault, it's yours." We are predicting that Adam & Rebecca will be knocked out next. I don't know how they have hung on as long as they have with Adam's constant crying. Dude has some major maturity issues.

Arellano Update
Nothing new to report - that I know of

Christensen Update
Ryan is hitting his 18 month mark on his mission. I'm sure the last six months will fly by, if his last six are anything like my last six. He has a strong testimony and is such a good example for my boys.

Daily Report
YESTERDAY:
Weather: Hi 64 - Low 35 - Mostly sunny...a pretty nice day

LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: Rough night...got to sleep about 11:30, then Kelson woke up at 2:00 am for some reason...he wouldn't go back to bed on his own, so I layed with him on the couch for a bit...he finally let me talk him back to bed about 3:15. He then woke up again at 6:30.

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Wendy's - grilled chicken sandwich, no tomato, fries, coke - I used to LOVE Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich when it had a honey sauce...now it's got some weird southwestern type sauce and lettuce on it. Not nearly as good.

Dinner: Cheese tortellini with red sauce, covered with cheese, tossed salad (with cheese), Bacon ranch dressing, fresh rolls - gonna have some oreos with milk when I'm done here!

0 comments: