Friday, January 14, 2005

Basketball Whoopin'

Better day at work. The crisis we had yesterday worked itself out in a good way. It was a comedy of errors, and they kept piling up on top of each other. But it finally worked out in the end after lots of stress.

Lettie told me a weird story about some guy she danced with the other night at the country club. Apparently was my roommate in college, but I don't remember him, so it must have been one of my roommates the summer that I met Shena. That would explain me not remembering, since I spent all my time at her apartment since mine was a dump during the summer. Dude is apparently a huge Orson Scott Card fan and freaked out when Lettie told him that Sis. Card was her Seminary teacher and Bro. Card was her Sunday School teacher. Sounds like he needs to calm down a bit.

Shena, Susan Williams, Lisa Lundrigan, Dee Dee Plummer and Teresa Slack all had a scrap book night tonight at Lisa's house. It was supposed to be from 7 - until, but I had a basketball game at the church at 9. We thought we could swing it by me dropping off the boys about 8:30 and then picking them back up after. We thought that Kelson would go to sleep and Cade would play with the other kids. Apparently my name was drug through the mud by the women because the boys wouldn't leave them alone. I got dirty looks from all of them when I picked up the boys. When we got home at about 10:45 they both just crashed. They were tired, but would go to sleep at the Lundrigan's. Shena wound up getting home about 12:30. She is a night owl when she is out with her friends, but I'm glad she has friends. For the longest time she hasn't really had anybody that she would hang out with alot. She had one or two friends who she liked and who she talked to on occassion, but she never really went out with them much. Now she has three or four that she goes out with as often as she can.

Our basketball game was pretty ugly. Wound up having about 12 guys there, so there wasn't alot of playing time for all of us. And there were a bunch of new guys there and the chemistry was not good at all. I think most every one on the team had at least two turnovers some of us (especially me) had more than that. We wound up losing by about 5, but there was a point when we were down 20, had it as close as 1, but couldn't finish the comeback. Oh well. Good thing it's church ball and not my regular day job. I would be looking for another one.

Marcos went and saw Movin' Out on Broadway yesterday, and is headed skiing all weekend this weekend. Next time you talk to him, ask him about those experiences.

Weather: 67 degrees, rain in the morning

Breakfast: None

Lunch: French bread pizza slices, one cheese taco (corn tortilla), sprite, chocolate chip cookies, milk

Dinner: McDonald's - quarter pounder with cheese, no onions, fries, chocolate shake, about midnight had some more chocolate chip cookies and milk

0 comments: