Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Quick Update

On the Holidays. Mom had the whole family home for Christmas. Lettie made it home from Idaho - Adam, Melissa & Ethan came from San Diego (Melissa & Ethan for four weeks) - and Marcos came down from NYU. It got pretty crazy at the house when we were all around.

Santa Claus was good to the boys. Cade & Kelson's big present was a train set that seems to take up half of their room. I think we will have to stop buying presents for them or they will have to start sleeping on top of their toys because their room is pretty packed. They also got a Steelers bean bag and a Panthers bean bag, along with various other presents. They are WAY too spoiled, if you ask me.

As previously posted, I got a sweet trip to NYC that included tickets to a Steelers game (or is that tickets to a Steelers game that included a trip to NYC?). I also got a new pair of golf shoes that I had been wanting for several years. The weather has been so nice here (70's!!) that I have already had the chance to break them in with 18 holes.

As suggested to me by several of her friends, I tried to get EVERYTHING that was on Shena's list, since she hooked me up with such a nice Christmas present. I still feel like what I got her wasn't enough. I guess next year I will have to come up with something "slammin'" for her. If you have any ideas of how I could just blow her out of the water, I'd appreciate the help!

New Year's was pretty uneventful. It was 12:05 before we realized it. We were playing a very silly (lots of giggling...I think it was the sleep deprivation) game of Catch Phrase around that time and missed the ball dropping. Kelson made it until about 11:30, then he asked us to turn on Aladdin for him. He was asleep before the previews were over. Cade fell asleep about 9:30. I wish I was in bed, but of course it was 2:00 before Shena and I got there.

We had a somewhat eventful weekend past. Shena got a small bottle of rose scented oils that she was told she should put in her bathwater. Saturday night she tried it. Bad idea. It burned her skin, and within minutes the ENTIRE HOUSE was absolutely saturated with the smell. Shena may have a different version of the story, but I know that, personally, I was nauseus and had a headache after about 1/2 hour...even while breathing through my shirt. What was worse, Shena had it all over her skin and I couldn't sit too closely to her without feeling sicker. Everything she touched that night reeked of the smell. I wound up sleeping on the couch with our front windows open, a bowl of peanuts under my nose to drown out the smell. It took us three days to get the majority of the smell out of the house, and our bathroom STILL smells like roses (although not as unbearable as before).

Weather today: 70 degrees, Sunny, no wind --> GORGEOUS!

Breakfast: Strawberry pop tarts, water

Lunch: Cheese, mustard and lettuce sandwich on wheat, couple of Famous Amos Cookies, Milk

Dinner: BBQ Roast Beef (Jack Daniel's No. 7 BBQ Sauce) sandwiches, with cheese, & Lime Tostito Chip Nachos, Kool-aid

7.5 hours of sleep last night (11:30 to 7:00)- how do people survive on 6 or less? I still feel sleepy after 7!

0 comments: