Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Physical Therapy

Work & Play
I had to attend Physical Therapy today for my back. More of an evaluation than anything. The therapist said I should try stretching my hamstrings for now. Sounded odd to me, but he's the expert, right?

Other than that, nothing much to report.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena had a meeting tonight for her Relief Society calling (she's in charge of Enrichment Night each month), so I was on my own with the kids for part of the night. We just chilled tonight. I was mean tonight and didn't let them watch any TV. Books only. (Sarcastically) That Bob the Builder! What interesting adventures he has! Especially when you read them over, and over and OVER.

Shena watched "Super Nanny" (ABC?) last night, and immediately instituted something they did on the show. The nanny put the kids on a mat when they were bad...kind of like timeout, but in a specific location each time. Shena is using a Steelers door mat that I got for Christmas this year (thanks again Jill!) - and it has become the "naughty mat." I had to use it several times on Kelson tonight. There were even a couple of times that he would run to the mat himself. I don't know if he realizes that it is punishment yet. I'll keep you up to date on whether that works or not.

I bought Shena a Roethlisberger jersey to wear at our Super Bowl party I was convinced we would have to have since I was positive the Steelers would be in it. Unfortunately, they lost, and the jersey didn't make it until today. She was still surprised, though, and so I still got some brownie points for the surprise (no, it's not the same as flowers, and yes, she really DID like it...I think).

Arellano Update
Marcos is reporting all "B's" for his first semester of Law School. He called it "not good, but not bad." He doesn't think it will affect how he interns this summer, so I guess that is a good thing.

Adam reported yesterday that he had surgery to have a stone removed from his salivary gland. I'm not sure how that happens...maybe during boot camp several years ago? He and Melissa are expecting their second in a few months.

Christensen Update
No news that I know of today.

Daily Report
YESTERDAY:
Weather: Hi 53 - Low 12 - Mostly sunny...that number is deceiving, it felt MUCH colder than 53!

LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:30 to 7:15 - with the usual wake ups several times during the night

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Tuna sandwich with cheese on wheat, doritos, milk, one chocolate cookie

Dinner: Mac and cheese, bread, Dr. Pepper - oreos and milk

0 comments: