Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Loving life!

I cannot say enough how much I have enjoyed my time with Sassy the past few weeks. She is such a different little girl when big brothers are not around. I can see how much she has grown just in the few weeks they have been gone. She talks in full sentences and seems so mature on so many levels. Girls! What a difference from boys! She loves to run errands. She never has tried running away from me in stores. She loves to help grocery shop, clean, and my favorite take naps with mommy! She use to take them in her bed but now has become so content to lie next to me and dose. I love it! We have lunch everyday by ourselves. She acts like this is her favorite time of day. She helps make whatever and we sit down together for a quiet lunch. She helps with the clean up and then we nap. This particular day she wanted peanut butter sandwiches and chocolate milk (those two have to go together- it's an Arellano thing). I had remembered these Nesquik cups that were mine when I was little. I got them down and we had chocolate milk. She was so excited that... guess what... yep- she wanted to take a picture to show daddy. This is our best way of showing daddy what we do while he's working so hard! It's even on the blog that he hears about it just like the rest of you.

Our kids work on a behavior system with earning rocks. They earn shiny blue rocks and fill jars when they do things without asking, sharing, good behavior in public, homework without complaints, eating all of their dinner, not wetting their pants (sassy-not so much the boys :) )... you get the idea. They finally filled them up for the second time. We treated them to the Dollar Store. Big deal right? Well, they thought so. The boys picked out some hats. Analise surprised me. She wanted this baby swimsuit. It was actually for a real child but she wanted it for her cabbage patch doll. She was so cute about it, especially because it was purple and it had flip flops on it - her two favorite things. I just had to warn her that just because her baby had a swim suit on didn't mean that she could really go swimming!

PS- Hey Doodles- I want you to notice the lights. Cheeto came home that night after your post and changed them. The next morning we about blinded the kids at breakfast.

Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Cade had me cracking up at 6:30 in the morning. Saturday we had gone to a birthday party and we got a number of misquito bites. They always look worse on my kids for some reason. He was itching and getting frustrated. Well, I thought that's what he was itching. He finally had had it and yelled, "MOM- I'm growing radishes!" I immediately stopped what I was doing to say, "What?!!?" I looked over and he had a "rash." Kelson had a rash on his legs in the summer and so we talked about what types of things cause rashes and you just have to put some cortizone on it and it will help. Well, obviously Cade was confused. It was Kelson that said, "Cade- not radishes. It's called a rash, silly!" Cade didn't like Kelson correcting him. Today I asked him about it and he still was calling it a radish.

0 comments: