Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is this for real?


Today started off like any other for the first hour anyway. Kelson woke up and decided he really wanted to try and go to school. He wasn't running a fever so there was no reason to keep him home. Cade was happy to have him going today. Well, he was slow getting ready but still made it in time for the bus. On the way out he was running and tripped. He fell and skinned his forehead on our driveway. I just heard Cheeto say... "OH- Kelson just fell." Cade was already on the bus by the time I got to Kelson. I waved the driver on and Cade still had to ride by himself today- poor kid. Well, Kelson was bleeding so I kept him home until Cheeto got ready for work. He then took him to the school. Poor Kelson! He was complaining that his head was aching again and was embarrassed that he had a band aid on his forehead. It was a clear one with "Mater" on it. I told him the kids wouldn't laugh but think it was a cool band aid. Cheeto said he was doing OK when he dropped him off. It's been a rough few days for our sweet Kelson!
Well, Analise was such a stinker yesterday so I was dreading having to do too much with her today. We were going to go walking but I sneezed major this morning and really hurt my chronic side pain in the process. So I had to talk her out of going to the park for our walk. It's going to be a few days before I feel like going again. Bummer! We decided to take our walking friend to our favorite chicken store - Hopkins Poultry. Analise was, of course, back to her good little girl self. However, she did crack me up as we were walking out the door. She had dressed herself in a red shirt, blue jeans, and her new brown boots. When I told her to get a jacket she came back saying, " I can't mommy! My jacket doesn't "match!" See... it's pink. It no match my red shirt!" I went searching through her drawers for something that she would put on to "match" her red shirt! Phew! I found a brown sweater I had made her last winter. It still took some convincing that the brown sweater would match just fine. I finally had to tell her that she had brown boots on so she could wear a brown sweater. Then she told me that she needed a brown belt too- because Daddy, Cade, and Kelson always have belts. Are you kidding me? She's 2! How can she really be like this so early? Her teenage years are going to be brutal!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

No kidding! Watch out teen years. I do have to admit that she sounds like such a doll. I bet you were chuckling about it after.

Jody said...

Hey Shena! Cute family. I think Kelson looks tons like you. Congrats on baby #4!

Jill W said...

Shena?! No way! It's good to see what you're up to! Stephen just graduated from the University of Idaho and now we're back in Logan! I'm excited to keep track of you on your blog now!