Monday, September 22, 2008

Bunk Beds- finally!

Saturday started off open and just plans for cleaning and studying. Well, one thing led to another and before the day was over we had seriously gutted out 2 kids bedrooms, moved and assembled bunk beds, mowed the yard, studied, and had a movie night with the ladies. Phew! We was exhausted! A friend of ours from the ward is moving out of the country and contacted us to see if we were interested in buying their bunk beds. We went to look at them more than a month ago and thought they would work out great. However, being Shena, I still found a way to over think it. In the end, we bought them. I made the mistake of telling the boys about it last week. They have been asking when we were going to get them ever since. My friend was going to have us pick them up towards the end of this week but I got a call late Saturday morning from her asking if we could get them asap. After a quick call to Cheeto and Kris, and 30 minutes later... we had bunk beds in our front yard. When I got home with the kids, the boys were ecstatic. They were more than willing to help assemble them. Earlier that morning, Cheeto had gone with his dad to play soccer. I decided to take advantage of no kids and no husband to clean out Sassy's room. I then I had the idea of moving one of the boys box springs and frame to complete Sassy's bed. I knew I was going to get a scolding from Cheeto for moving it all by myself- but I weighed the options and decided it was worth it. The way it worked out it was a good thing I did because that made the boys room even more ready for moving bunk beds in. After getting everything put back together the boys and Sassy too were on those beds all afternoon. Cade kept saying, "Mom, I can't wait to go to bed tonight." Cade, of course, is sleeping on the top because he is older and doesn't ever get out of bed in the night. Now they have slept in them a few nights, Cade has changed his mind and wants the bottom. Oh well, can't ever make him happy! He hasn't fought much about it just mentioned it here and there about it. Kelson loves that his bed feels like a fort or something. Kelson helping daddy hold up the base while Cheeto bolts it together.
Mission complete!
Bunk bed brothers!

Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Kelson hasn't felt well the past few days. He has been stuffy and coughing. At church yesterday he was blue and didn't want to do much. I told him in sacrament meeting that when I didn't feel well that my mom would make me Jello. He loves Jello. So... if he would try really hard to be good through church then we could make him some Jello. During primary he really started to perk up some. I asked him if he was starting to feel better. He said, "Yes, but just a tiny little bit. I think I'm still going to need some Jello."

0 comments: