Wednesday, September 03, 2008

can I really do this!?!?!?

Today has been one of those days where I have asked myself many times, "Can I really be a mother of 4 and still hold it together?" WOW! I have mentioned all the craziness that has been going on around here with Cheeto moving, Cheeto studying, school starting- which means homework, getting Christmas done before baby, and starting to feel really pregnant! I'm beginning to really ponder why did we ever do a fourth. I know this is just a bad day and I'll get over it especially after I have the baby in our arms and feel the love that goes with a new little one. It was seriously one thing after another today. The kids were a bunch of whiners all afternoon which just ended the day on such a good note. (feel the sarcasm!)
I officially broke out maternity clothes yesterday. I wore my first maternity shirt and pants. Analise calls them my baby clothes. She thinks the pants are funny! Of course, I hate them and think they look funny too. But hey- I only have to wear them a few months which is nice. This is part of my downer day- feeling very pregnant. The backaches are constant and makes me lose motivation.

Cade stressed me out last night by telling me that he had a project that was due yesterday. We had to start an "All about me" poster at 7:00 last night. Cheeto went to get poster board at 10pm for it. I had to wake Cade up before 6am to get the rest of it finished before school today. I totally forgot I had to get Kelson ready for school as well. It was almost 6:45am when he got up and dressed. The bus comes at 7am on the dot. Cheeto and I rushed to get them fed, lunches made and shoes tied. It was a crazy morning. I felt like I had had my work out all ready. He finished it and it looked great considering the time frame we did it in.


He also had his first night of scouts tonight. He was so excited about wearing his new shirt and feeling like one of the big kids. He asked me to take his picture but he wanted to act like he was "discovering" a new tree on a hike. Funny kid!

Cheeto went to the Scouting Office and bought him all his new gear. Kelson is so jealous that Cade gets to start scouts. Cade was pretty excited. He told me to get the camera. Cheeto was mocking me. As you can tell in these pictures!

Analise has been fussing about her new "big girl" bed. She still wants to sleep in the crib. This afternoon I heard her crying asking me to "let her out". I knew exactly where she was so I went in with the camera. You can see what she had been up to. T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!!

PS - I warned you all that I'm a more efficient blogger when kids are in school!




2 comments:

Lacey said...

I am sorry. Days like that are very hard. I have had several days when I just wanted to curl up and cry since Jason left a few weeks ago. Actually, I did end up sitting on my kitchen floor in tears about a week and a half ago because I had reached my limit. The bad thing is that I was babysitting my friend's kids and now I think they think I am a crazy woman. I hope tomorrow is better for you!

dede said...

Cade is a scout! Wow. They do grow up fast.

Tell Cheeto to stop being such a grump in pictures.

And just to add to your busy day...there are 3 lights out on your chandelier over your table.