Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kelson's day off!



Well, Kelson finally got what he's been asking for. He gets to stay home from school- not for fun though. He's sick! Yesterday I picked him from school for a doctor's appointment. After over an hour wait, he started fading fast. By the time we got home, he was looking pretty punk. He lied down the rest of the day. He started running a fever and has been sleeping like an infant. Analise isn't real impressed that her "Kelson" is home and he doesn't want to play with her. I took his temperature last night and he was still holding at 101.3. I was going to warn him then that there might be a chance that he wouldn't be able to go to school in the morning. However... I realized that might not be very smart. I decided just to wait until morning and see how he is. He woke up with a slight fever so we decided to give him another day. Cade was bummed he had to go to school alone. The first few days he hated having Kelson with him and now he hates going without him. Can we ever make our boy happy? It was sweet that he was going to miss Kelson.
We found out the little mark on Kelson's face is a pilotricoma. It's like a little cyst underneath the surface of the skin. The doctor told us that they really do recommend having them removed. She is just concerned about his age. He's pretty little to have to sit still through such a procedure for 30 minutes. If we can find a surgeon to do it, she thinks that might be best because they can use some different types of medications to make it all more comfortable for him. We will just have to wait and see what we can find out. I'm seriously thinking of seeking a second opinion.
With mom and dad in California, golfing posed a problem last night. Thankfully, I have an awesome husband that has a great job that he can make his hours a bit flexible. He picked up Cade and went to play his 9 holes. Kelson will have to make up his 9 sometime later in the week.

3 comments:

ameliaharris99 said...

Shena!! Your kids are so cute! It's been so long since I've talked to you! Hope you are all doing well.

ameliaharris99 said...

I stumbled upon it like you stumbled upon Tara's! I was just looking around on her blog and saw that you posted and I got thinking, hmmm I used to know a Shena, I wonder if it is the same one... so I went looking! and ya Mrs. Harris has not changed at all!!! *laughing out loud*

Candice said...

Hey Shena, Candice here. Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog, Dwight had told me a long time ago you guys had a blog, but he couldn't remember the web address. Congrats on upcoming baby #4.

In answer to your questions, I am a die-hard EDWARD fan!!! I l-o-v-e the whole series. And yes, I did know about Midnight Sun, I've read (and LOVED) the draft Stephenie posted on her site, and am extremely bummed to think that she may never finish it.
Congrats again. And by the way, I love your blog background very chic. Keep in touch, we'll do the same. :o)