Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

Is this just not the best picture ever?
Cheeto managed to get all four kids to smile their best smiles all at the same time!
I love it!

It was a great relaxing weekend. Thanks honey for giving me the best kids ever! Without you I couldn't be the Mother I am. I thank you everyday for supporting me with the kids and my business. Of course, it has it's challenges but I wouldn't trade these moments for anything! I love being a mother and your wife! Te amo siempre!

A1 and her new little 'hand holding' friend!

Even A2 had a great time picking strawberries!

I love Mother's Day weekend. Cheeto spoils me. Saturday he let me set the schedule. We went strawberry picking first thing before it got crowded and too hot. It was in the 90's on Saturday- UGH!!! We went with some friends that just moved here- I grew up with her older brother and have become instant friends. A1 and her little boy have so much fun together. He insists on holding her hand whenever they are together. I must say it's pretty adorable. We got home from and Cheeto and the boys started cleaning the house. 2-3 of years ago, I asked that they not spend money on me and do my cleaning for me. The gift stuck and has become my yearly gift. I must say it's heaven not having to do any of it for the entire weekend. Cheeto even does all the Sunday cleaning up. I tell him that I'll do the same for Father's day- but then it's like Father's Day everyday. Ha Ha!!! While Cheeto and the boys were cleaning, Sassy and I were outside washing our pollen covered cars. I love washing cars! (My dad really misses me living at home because of that one. I used to enjoy washing his farm dirty pickup truck! I'm a weirdo- I know!) We ate lunch and Cheeto left to run all the Saturday errands alone. I stayed home with the kids and had quiet time. Naps are heaven when everyone cooperates! We had a ward picnic to get to. We got rained on but still had lots of fun. We came home early and played the wii instead. Sunday was good. Cheeto woke up with some virdigo. He tried going to church but he was getting worse so I brought him home and then went back for the kids. They wanted to stay because it was mothers day and they always do some kind of gift for mom. We came home and Cheeto had pretty much finished dinner. I usually sit on the couch completely. However, because he wasn't feeling well I did pitch in some but he refused to allow me to clean up. What a good man I have! Kris came over to eat with us. Lettie is in Utah with mom and dad. Lyndzi and Jeff also came to eat with us. They stayed until about 8pm. We had lots of fun chit chatting about home and growing up. It's so fun having someone from home so close.


1 comments:

Allison said...

Yes, that is definitely the best picture ever! Happy Mother's Day!