Monday, February 02, 2009

GO STEELERS!!!

What a fun weekend we had! Cheeto took Analise all morning for some "daddy" time. They got home at 2pm and I immediately left to see a movie with the girls. We were going to see Twilight but it was sold out so we rushed to another theatre and watched "New in Town" instead. What a great movie. It was the cleanest chick flick I have seen in a long time! I recommend it to everyone! I got home about 4:30pm, just in time to get ready for my date with Cheeto. We went to Mimi's cafe with some friends, Kristi and Ozzie.We had so much fun! It was our first date since Addelyn without her. Thankfully all the kids were great so we might be able to do it again! :)

(This is the "NOW" picture)

'Sunday. Oh Sunday! SUPERBOWL SUNDAY! As most of you know... we are die hard Steelers fans. The boys were so excited. And when I say boys, Cheeto is included. He wore his very tasteful Steelers tie to church. I just asked him the other day who his home teaching companion was. He had no idea. Well, he found out on sunday who it was AND that he had set up a visit for 5pm (one hour before the game). Cheeto was very obiedent and went! While he was gone, Cade and Kelson got all excited for the game and wanted to decorate. I found Kelson getting the crayons and a notebook of paper. And everyone knows when Kelson gets out a notebook that the entire book will be gone in no time, along with the tape! I intervened and tried to make them happy. We tore pictures out of an old Steelers calendar and hung up some player's pictures.
We made the table look a bit more festive. Kelson asked if we could leave the table like this all of the time. I said, "I dunno Kelson." He said, "Let's ask daddy! I know daddy will say YES!" :)

Cade asked if we could bring out the kids Steelers table that I made. So we hauled that out of the office. It sad that we have plenty of stuff to decorate at the last minute! It was good thing... the kids were thrilled. When the family showed up for the game Kelson opened the door and said, "Welcome to the party. OH- I'm so glad you brought food!" Like I didn't already have food for them! Cheeto watched the first half with us and then went to a party with some friends. Everyone left after he did. I guess they came to be with him and not me. :) (No offense taken- guys!) I hung out and watched the end of the game here. If you saw the game, you know it was a great 4th quarter! I was thinking the entire time, "I'm really glad Cheeto's having some fun with the guys. But I sure miss watching the game with him!" I will never compare to the "guys" but I do enjoy watching "our" teams play with Cheeto. It's the only way to watch them in my opinion! He got home really shortly after it was over. He said he was the only one rooting for the Steelers.




(These are the "THEN" pictures.
Notice- Cade and Cheeto won't stop watching the game for the family picture!)

I'm so glad they won because now we can say,
"We got Analise and the Steelers won the Superbowl."

We got Addelyn and the Steelers won the Superbowl." How cool is that?!?!?!?
Could Cheeto ask for anything more!
Cheeto asked me to find the grey romper that Analise wore for the 2006 superbowl. I looked and looked and couldn't find it. I had this dress I had made for Analise so we used it instead. It was huge on Addelyn but it worked and we all were able to sport of Steelers gear!
All of us had on the same jersey's as in 2006.
We sure love our Daddy and his Steelers!



Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Saturday, Cheeto took Analise to run errands and shop for my birthday. This is a conversation her and I had last week sometime.

Analise: "Mommy, is it really your birthday?"
Me: "Yes, why?"
Analise: "Cade tell me your birthday is next."
Me: "Yep."
Analise: "Can I buy you a present?"
Me: "SURE!"
Analise: "Can we buy me a present, too?"
Me: "No, your birthday was a couple of weeks ago."
Analise: "Oh... can I buy you bubbles and you share with me?"

So Cheeto took her shopping Saturday. She walked in with a bag and I ignored her because she was trying to show it to me then. Sunday morning I told her it was time for a bath. She asked for a bubble bath. I told her I didn't have any more bubbles. She said, "Yes mommy! I buy you some yesterday!"

2 comments:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

Happy Birthday Shena! We thought about you guys all day yesterday. We were rooting for the Steelers too. What a fun game to watch, they kept it interesting! We would have stayed and watched the game with you!

Melissa said...

Hey, happy birthday! Was it on Saturday or Sunday? The NFL threw me a party on my Birthday and played the Superbowl. What a game, though, I was rooting for the cards. They almost had it too. Well, it was a good birthday for me still. #36 and getting better every year!

Tony