Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines day - 2009




Since Valentines Day was on a Saturday, I really tried to do some fun things with the kids! We started off the morning with a Heart Hunt. Grandma and Papa C sent them some Valentine cards and Kyle and Becky sent them a goodie bag. I thought it would be fun to have this as a way to get their prize. They were up before us. Kelson came in and said, "Mom, what are the hearts for?" Oops- I forgot to keep it a surprise. Well, we all got up and started the hunt. Cheeto wasn't too thrilled to get up early but he was a sport and did it anyway.

After the heart hunt, we made eggs and shaped them into hearts, stamped the bread with a heart before toasting it and made some bacon. Analise said, "Hey MOM! This is just like Waffle House!" It's sad that my kids think that they only cooked breakfast they get is like Waffle House.



After breakfast, I sent Cheeto back to bed. The kids and I made some heart shaped brownies in my Heart Waffler. This was kind of fun. We also made some sugar cookies. However, these were not heart shaped. My visiting teacher as telling me about these 3-D cookie cutters she had bought for her daughter-in-law. I had mentioned what a cute idea. Friday, I get a message on my phone that says to check my door. She had bought me a set. The kids were so excited to make them Friday but when Cade came home throwing up we had to wait. Analise was really good at rolling the dough out. Kelson loved to stamp them. Cade really wasn't feeling up to it yet. We had fun. We did learn a few lessons though. You have to make sure the leg cut-outs are not too close together because some of ours were and they would slide together to make the animals stand up. Oh well, better luck next time!
Cheeto had to go to work for awhile so the rest of us stayed home and took naps. Mom and Dad wanted all the adults to go out to dinner with them. We met them and Lettie and Kris at Carrabas. It was fun. It had been a LONG time since we had done that. After dinner we were having a Wii party with the 2nd generation Idaho Group kids. C & S couldn't make it. They were missed, however, we had a great time! It's been awhile since we laughed that hard.

This video of Lettie is the funniest. Lettie is such a good sport! One of the many reasons why we love Lettie!!! Thanks K & C for the fun night. They all went home right after 9:30pm. After they left, Cheeto and I looked at each other and obviously we both had the same thought - "You know you're getting old when your parties end before 10pm." :) (sorry- it wasn't that kind of "thought")


Just something random! This is a cake mix made in my waffle iron. It turned out pretty good.
Regular cake was better but it was festive so it served it's purpose!


2 comments:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

What a great day! Our church had a tri-ward Valentine's dance it was so much fun! I kept thinking of you though, you and I would have had a blast!

Rebecca said...

Hi Shena. I don't really know if you remember me, but you taught me to crochet about 9 or so years ago when I lived in G'bo. I ran into your Mother in law at the Temple on Sat (man she looks good!) and was so shocked to see her I didn't really know what to say. Guess I should have said something like "I ran into Shena's blog a while ago and look in on you guys from time to time and that you all have such beautiful kids!"