Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Flip flops in February

It's been so nice here the last few days. My car said it was 75 on the way home from G'ma's in the afternoon. It was so nice that we decided to take the kids to the park to run off some energy. We normally would do this on a Sunday afternoon but thought we should take advantage of the nice weather.
Our friends live across the street from this park close to our house. They saw us when the pulled in their garage so they came to visit with us. Our kids adore them so they were excited to have them to play. Our baby girls are less than 4 weeks apart. They will be good friends! We hope anyway! Cade took this pictures. Such a Cheesey picture of me!

Yesterday was so nice that we did our homework routine outside. The boys got sidewalk chalk and wrote the spelling words on the driveway. I took pictures to email to their teachers for proof. I hope they will accept this as completed work!

I have been quite the home-body lately! I noticed today that I haven't even used a half a tank of gas since January 30th. Last week, Friday was the first time I left the house since church on Sunday. Today was the first time we really got out this week. I ran our Costco errands and then Analise got invited to a Valentine's Party. She was so excited. They decorated little cakes, had a "Heart Hunt", and played A LOT! She was jumping on the trampoline with all these girls when I hear her screaming! I thought she just wanted down but then noticed she was screaming from pain. I ran to her to find out that her braids had gotten caught in the zipper of the net that goes around the trampoline. Every time the girls jumped her hair would get pulled and tangled more. I had to lift her up and detangle at the same time. When I got her out she said, "I HATE ZIPPERS!" I get her hair caught in my coat quite a bit. Poor thing! All the girls she plays with moved up to Sunbeams this year and she has missed them. She hasn't really enjoyed nursery the same since. We met another little girl that moved into our ward that will be 3 in April so we are excited to get them together more. Perhaps this will change her mind about nursery.

Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Saturday we were out running errands. Kelson got in the car and started telling people which Star Wars characters they were going to be. He said he was Anakin. Then he said, "Analise you going to be Queen Amidala." Analise says, "Ok, Mom, I'm Queen of the Dollar!" Kelson says, "NO! ANALISE! I said, Queen Amidala!" Analise says, "Ok, I'll be Princess Leia!"

2 comments:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

It isn't quite 75 degrees here yet, but it has been much nicer. I can't wait for spring. We went for a walk with the girls Sunday and it was so refreshing just to be outside again!

ashley said...

did the boys' teachers accept their sidewalk chalk homework??