Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shena turns 30! OUCH!

Yesterday was great! I appreciated all the phone calls, texts, facebook messages, and teasing about getting old! I have great family and friends! My mom was teasing because when I was growing up it was always the 3 younger kids. I'm the middle of 5 children so I always wondered why it couldn't be the 3 older kids! Well, mom's got jokes and says, "Honey, you finally got what you wanted... You are finally one of the older ones!" Ha ha - mom! I'm not really that depressed about it. It's just fun to tease people that I am. I enjoyed my 20's. I married a great man. Together we moved to start a life of our own, started a great family, and got through some difficult physical challenges as well as job changes. I feel like we are finally moving on. We are moving into another stage in our lives. I look forward to the next 10 years. I couldn't be happier!

Cheeto did such a good job planning the evening. It was a struggle because we had some friends email us a few weeks ago about wanting to get together. Just so happened to be on my birthday. They loved Mexico when they lived here and asked if we could eat there with them. We said sure but then we didn't hear from them until yesterday about 3pm. We weren't sure if they were still coming so Cheeto didn't know how to plan the evening. I said just let it ride and see what happens but he said he really wanted to do SOMETHING on my day. In the end it turned out great. I forgot to take a picture of the cake he bought me. I was telling him awhile ago how my mom use to get us ice cream cakes from Baskin Robins. I told him it reminded me of home. He made me my favorite- spice cake- on Sunday. Then he surprised me with a chocolate mint cake from BR's last night. He also got me a black 30 balloon- like I need to be reminded that I'm 30! :)

It was fun to catch up with Joann and Chad. We hadn't seen them in 6+ years. It's nice to have friends that you can just step back into a friendship after so many years. No awkwardness! We had a great time. They have a boy between Cade and Kelson and then 2 girls. He was in heaven playing with our boys. Analise enjoyed her new friend too! The kids got along so well! So sad to see them go again. I hope it's not another 6 years until we see them!

Cheeto- THANK YOU! I know this type of thing isn't your favorite but I appreciated all you did to make my day special! Even going to work late and playing the wii fit with me! Te Amo por siempre.

3 comments:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

Happy Birthday Chika! I will be 29 in a few weeks and I am so okay with another year in my 20's!!!!

Cyndie said...

Ouch? AWESOME is more like it! Happy Birthday!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday!