Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day of tears #2

So my day of tears is here again! Tomorrow will be better! I go through a cycle every time my parents come for a visit. I get so excited and on this high. I go crazy planning things for us do, go through the list of things to fix around the house that I need help from my dad, and of course, I go nuts cleaning. Then about 3 days in I get a bit overwhelmed with all the people in our little house. I get a bit grouchy but I it's mostly because at this point we are getting closer to the day when they have to board that dang plane and leave again. When the boys were younger it took them a couple of days to warm up to them. Analise is just the opposite. She is in their arms and chatting like crazy picking them up in the airport. Kelson and Analise both woke up this morning so sad to see the office empty and no grandma and papa. Analise cried for a papa hug and wanted G'ma to get her breakfast. Mommy just isn't the same. So here I am again thinking how spoiled I am with great parents. I'm not kidding... I have the best in the world!!!! I am so blessed to have parents that will spend the time and money to visit us so often. I have friends who leave here and rarely have their parents come see them.
We had such a great time. We played the Wii for hours. The kids loved this about my parents. Not many grandparents love to play video games with their grandkids. They took McDonald's to both of the boys for lunch yesterday- this just made their day. Dad was wonderful and helped us get a new TV up and running. Mom was my mom! She loves to do laundry and dishes. She helps me a great deal to stay on top of my housework while she is here. I try to let her sit and enjoy the kids because her time with them is so limited. I just can't get her to do it. She is not a sit-on-the-couch type of guest. This is so much better than the opposite. My pet peeve is when people come and just expected to be waited on and do nothing to help. She loved on the kids, read the stories. They both played so many board games with the kids. My kids love games! Just saying thank you doesn't seem like enough. I hope once they let go of the farm a bit more that they will be able to come out and stay more than a week. I pray by then we will have a bigger home with more space for them to settle in.

Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Mom and Dad took McDonald's to Kelson yesterday. One of Kelson's classmates asked my dad if he was Spiderman's grandpa. If you know my dad, of course, he said, "Yes!" She believed him. She asked him why he didn't bring Spiderman with him to lunch. Dad told her that he was downtown working on spitting his webs. She said she understood that. As they were leaving, she told him that the next time he comes he better bring Spiderman! Then she gave him a hug. Sweet gullible little girl!

0 comments: