Wednesday, January 14, 2009

52 things to do in 52 weeks

Ok... M-I know I totally copied you but I loved your idea and just couldn't resist. I must say, this took some thinking to come up with 52 things. I know some are simple but I often have a hard time with just the simple things. I hope December 31st I can reference back and hope that I have accomplished at least half of my list. There some big ones on here that I know that are going to stretch myself. That is why they are in no particular order. Here's to 2009!

  1. Stress less
  2. exercise more
  3. eat better
  4. spend more one on one time with kids
  5. spend more time with Cheeto
  6. Christmas done by Halloween
  7. read the Book of Mormon
  8. become a diligent Visiting Teacher
  9. have a garage sell
  10. dig out the junk in the attic
  11. take the kids to the beach
  12. make a trip to Idaho
  13. watch less television
  14. read one book a month
  15. read the scriptures to the kids
  16. lose Addelyn’s pregnancy weight
  17. judge less
  18. update/put together our 72 hours kits
  19. learn to make some good homemade bread
  20. go to Charleston with Cheeto for our 10 yr anniversary
  21. get Cade and Kelson to ride their bikes
  22. play outside more with kids
  23. yell less around the house
  24. take the kids camping more than once
  25. Find one more dish that Cheeto really likes!
  26. Make more cookies! (Not for me!)
  27. allow the kids to get “just a little” more dirty
  28. get family pictures taken
  29. go to more enrichments
  30. read the church lessons before Sunday
  31. give Cheeto more random hugs and kisses
  32. compliment more and criticize less
  33. get Cade up to par with his math
  34. read the Friend to the kids
  35. make more crock-pot dishes
  36. don’t leave things to the last minute
  37. DUST more than once a year
  38. take more bubble baths
  39. read the news
  40. don’t make housework #1 priority
  41. be more flexible
  42. prepare meals ahead
  43. read the Ensign more
  44. WRITE more notes to family and friends
  45. get back to running
  46. add some more clientele to my business
  47. write in the kids memory books
  48. be more involved at schools
  49. more date nights with Cheeto
  50. really study the scriptures
  51. plant some more flowers
  52. Embrace the moment!

3 comments:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

I love your list, hope you don't mind if I steal... what a great way to ponder future accomplishments.

Tia J said...

I need to do this as well! There are so many thing I need to do and get done! My favorite on your list is come to Idaho jsut promise you will come see us 1 day! I know how crazy it is when you come to visit family! I will try to get back there as well! Miss you guys!

The Steenbliks said...

Hey I just read your comment and I really appreciate you taking the time to write. It has been hard but through lots of prayers and faith we have made it through. Hopefully he stays healthy and we won't end up back in the ICU! Your family is beautiful. Congrats on your new baby. Thanks again!