Monday, January 12, 2009

Birthdays and Blessings

Yesterday was quite the day! Analise turned 3 and we blessed Addelyn. I found this dress for Analise after Christmas last year for $4- love a good deal. I didn't think it looked real Christmasy so I decided to save it for her birthday dress since her birthday fell on a Sunday. She was excited to have a new "princess" dress like Addelyn. Analise loves to dress up like a princess, however, I want all to know she doesn't get away with acting like a princess. She gets in trouble like all the other kids do! There is a difference! Contrary to what Grandma A thinks. Analise truly felt like a princess in her dress. I took her out of nursery to take her to the bathroom. She said, "Mommy, they didn't sing Happy Birthday to me!" I told her she probably would have to tell them it was her birthday. When she went back in she went running saying, "It's my birthday! Did you know that?" Of course they then sang to her. She then got all shy and such.


We found out last week we would have change the blessing plans a bit. It was ward conference yesterday and you can't bless a baby during ward conference. This was my parent's only Sunday to be in town for the blessing so we had to do it somehow. We decided to do it right after church in the RS room. We had to do this with Kelson because they were only out here on stake conference Sunday. Whatever works right? We invited some close family and friends to share the moment with us. This made the event a little more memorable. Thanks to all who made the arrangements to be there! My mom made her dress. Cheeto's mom crochet her blanket and I knitted her sweater. She is loved! Cheeto gave her an amazing blessing, as I knew he would. It's moments like these that I just LOVE that man! What a gift the priesthood is and how grateful am I to have a worthy man in our home to have that gift! I was doing great in the tear department until he started dropping a few. My boys are so lucky to have such a great father to look up to and aspire to become.
After church, we rushed home to take a few blessing pictures of the family Cheeto and I look so tired. We are need of some good sleep around here! We made enchiladas, rice and beans for dinner so the dinner was pretty much done. Thanks to Mom and Dad A! We got through dinner and present with a hitch. Analise got loaded with gifts. It was almost like Christmas for her again.

Her cake was lucky to make it. I made it Friday night before Cheeto's bball game. I left it to cool on the counter. Mom and I ran to Target so Cheeto and Dad brought the kids home. When I got home, Cheeto met me at the door with a look of, "I'm REALLY SORRY!" Analise was screaming in the background. Come to find out, Analise was hungry because she refused to eat her dinner and decided to eat her cake. She had taken handfuls out of the bottom of it! I was ticked! I thought about making another but decided against it. I froze it and would just decorate the top. I was so tired Saturday night and still needed to finish knitting Addelyn's blessing sweater. I decided to decorate it before church. That was a bit nerve racking. I was amazed we all got to church on time with some to spare. As you can tell, she requested a Strawberry Shortcake cake. If you ask her, it's Strawberry Cupcake. I found a coloring page online and used it as a template. I think it turned out pretty good. Not great, but good under the circumstances! We came back to our house to watch her birthday video. I do this for each of the kids on their birthdays. Cheeto brings home the projector from work so we can blow it up big on the wall. It's a fun tradition!


Analise got a truck load of Stawberry Shortcake stuff. Tio and Haley got her this headband. She put it Cheeto's head. Before we had the girls, I told Cheeto he would do things that he would never do just because he loves his girls. This must be one of those times. Here he is watching he Steelers win with a PINK headband on his head- PINK!

3 comments:

Cyndie said...

Cute cake! My mom made me a similar Strawberry Shortcake cake when I was little, and I still remember how much I loved it.

Carolina Chocolate said...

She looks adorable! What a fun day! Great job on the cake!!

Amelia said...

The cake looks great! You did such a wonderful job! You have the cutest family!