Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Costco Statues!

Yesterday started off slow. I knew if I only did one thing it had to be get Cheeto some q-tips. He has been reminding me for days and I thought I really ought to get them before potatoes start to grow in his ears. :) That's an Idaho saying! Anywho... I figured if I was going to force myself out of the house sick I better make some returns that wouldn't be accepted after the 31st. I called dad to see if he would watch the little one's so I didn't have to hassle them while not feeling well. I got my errands done and then headed back to the house. It was a cold, rainy day- perfect for watching movies and being sick on the couch. That's exactly what I did the remainder of the day. It was pitiful, I know. When my sister, Alyssa and I were talking in the afternoon, Kelson came in whining like crazy. It was driving me nuts. I told him I was going to return my statue. This is what triggered my memory. I had forgotten to tell anyone this story. So we went to Costco Saturday. All the kids were remarkably in good moods. There was this empty pallet space between two stacks of boxes. Kelson ran over and stood in between them and said he was a statue. Cade just gave me his crooked smile and said, "Whatever, Kelson." I started to walk past Kelson. He then said with clenched teeth out of the corner of his mouth, "HEY- are you sure you don't want to buy a statue? I'm a really nice statue!" Cade and I just busted a gut laughing! Cheeto said he would have to think about it. After pretending thinking about it we decided to purchase our "statue." When I went to pick him up, Kelson kept his muscles tight, arms tight to his sides and legs flexed. Still playing along.... I asked Cheeto, "How is this going to fit in our cart?" We bent him over at his hip and lied him on his bag with his legs straight up in the air. He stayed like that for quite awhile before he said, "The statue would really like a pillow." I had to get tortillas so we placed that under his head. He really wanted to lied down on the bread, but I wasn't going to allow that one! Cheeto was starving and started taste testing at the tables around the store. Kelson said still clenching his teeth with his feet still straight in the air, "The statue is really hungry!" So we had to feed our statue too! This statue was a little more than a statue. You mean we have to feed it? Kelson hung onto this statue thing until we left the store. It was hilarious.



Funny Kid Quote of the Day
I'm so thankful that Kelson taught Analise the push-pin water bottle thing. She did this twice yesterday. While I was still talking to Alyssa, Cade runs in in his underwear. I asked him what he was doing. He said that his pants were wet, however, he didn't want to explain what had happened. My first questions was, "Cade, did someone poke a hole in the water bottles again." He didn't answer. I then asked another, "Cade, did you wet your pants?" "Yes, mom they are wet but not because of my pee." WHAT???? He didn't want to tell me that Analise and Kelson were punching holes in the water bottles again. Those water bottles are getting moved TODAY!!!!!

0 comments: