Sunday, April 06, 2008

This is YUCKY!!!!!

Nothing too exciting happens around here on a day to day basis. However, I do need to say that I have been mystery pain free for almost 10 days! This is such a new feeling for me. Tuesday was my last therapy appointment. I'm on a trial leave to see how it goes. I'm still told not to run but hey, I feel better and I can still do strength training stuff so I am pleased! I can't wait to get back to running though. I'm so grateful that after 3 years something has worked. I feel like a different woman. Cheeto noticed a couple of days ago. I was cooking dinner and he said, "You feel pretty good, don't you?" I said I have never felt better- well except for the cold I was getting over. I think he is as excited as I am. However, he did mention that he's not going to get too excited until it lasts a couple of months. We shall see.
It has been raining for days and I mean RAIN!! There have been times it has been a good ole' fashion southern rain. If you have never lived in the south, I'm sorry you don't know what I mean. This is when there are sheets falling from the sky, the house gutters are useless and you can barely see your neighbor's house. It has been great. We haven't had rain like this in years. However, because of it the kids are getting a little cabin fever. All soccer games were canceled yesterday. The boys were bummed about his one. I wasn't because that meant I could watch conference- or so I thought. This also meant I could get to my Saturday morning Body Pump at the gym. I love this class and hate to miss it. My arms were so sore the rest of the day. Driving was the worst! But after being sick all week it felt so good to go sweat for an hour! Gotta love it! Conference starts at noon here so we were just finishing up lunch and putting Analise down for her nap when the first session started. We got through that one pretty good. Between session I decided we had to get the kids out of the house, raining or not. I had 3 free Krispy Kreme donut coupons. Perfect! One for each child. We hung out there for awhile. Analise is the slowest eater! We then just went to Target and walked around the toys. The boys love when we have time to do this. Cheeto had to go the office after so I was riding solo again. 2nd session of conference was pointless. I don't think I really heard any of the talks. Analise was crying because her daddy was gone. Cade was screaming because Analise was too loud. Kelson was covering his ears saying everyone was being too loud. Kelson has such sensitive ears. I wanted to scream but was really good and stayed calm. The only talk I listen to was L. Tom Perry's. He was the last speaker, I think. I only got to listen to this one because I had decided to fix dinner and all the kids had food in their mouths so it was finally quiet. WOW!!! I hope today goes better.

Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Kelson was on a roll yesterday. When we were on our way home from the gym he holds up only his 'birdy' finger and says, "Mom there is something wrong with this finger! It really hurts!" He got home and did the same thing to Cheeto. I told him that that wasn't a good finger to hold up by itself. Later on our way to get donuts he was struggling to keep his eyes open. I told Cheeto to ask him if he would like a donut. We hadn't told the kids where we were taking them. Cheeto says, "Kelson, do you want some sugar?" He replied, "What kind?"

Analise is like her father! We have to buy to different kinds of milk at our house. Cheeto refuses to drink anything but 2% and I refuse to drink the extra fat and calories so I buy myself skim. Well, there was more of my milk in the fridge so I had been giving the kids some of mine. I filled Analise sippy cup with skim milk. She immediately gags and almost throws up and says, "Dis YUCKY Mommy!" Shakes her head and refuses to drink anymore. I had to put chocolate in it to even get her to drink the rest. Yep- she is a lil' Cheeto!

1 comments:

Rich and Andrea said...

Hey Shena it's so good to hear from you. I love reading your blog and totally feel like I've caught up with you. Sounds like you've figured the whole HTML thing out yourself. I always think your site is cute and still can't figure out how you do some of the stuff you do. You'll have to clue me in. And I must mention that your children are absolutely adorable and you look quite awesome yourself! I got my page at leeloublogs.blogspot.com. The cutest I've found. keep in touch.