Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Kelson stories

Two stories I forgot to write about Kelson. I first just need to say.... Kelson.... you have to love him! Monday night at dinner- I was reheating leftover lasagna. I had put them in class corelle dishes because of microwaving them. Kelson was first to sit at the table so he got the first bowl. Cheeto had asked him to quit banging his spoon against the bowl more than once. As I went to sit the other kids down at the table I noticed Kelson playing with the top of his bowl. He had banged on the bowl so hard that the bottom had broke/separated from the top. It was basically in two pieces. Cheeto immediately told him to stop eating fearing that he would get pieces of glass in what he ate. He didn't errupt into tears like he very often does. He just said he was sorry as one little tear fell down his cheek. Phew...
Story #2. - on the previews to one of the boy's favorite movies there is a preview to Monster House. It has semi-freaked Kelson out. He doesn't like it. Last night he was so upset by it that he couldn't get to sleep. I was reading on the couch (something I do more often than usual lately!) when he came out almost in tears. I asked him what was wrong and he said that every time he closed his eyes he say Monster House and he was afraid of bad dreams. He asked me if I would kneel with him to say a prayer for good dreams. It was so cute and humbling. I think I got a little misty eyed! It was sweet of him to think of that. I guess we have taught him something. He did kneel down and asked his Heavenly Father to bless him with good dreams, and good dreams for Cade and Analise too. Wow- the sweet spirit of a child! I told my mom this story this morning and she shared with me something very special. Most of you know that my brother, Kyle and his family lost a little girl almost 2 years ago. Kyle had a dream shortly after about Allie. In his dream, she told him that she was ok and she had work to do. Her job was to make sure all little children had good dreams. Allie had always had nightmares- so to think that this is what she really might be doing is awesome! I don't know that Kelson would truly understand this story; but it did have an impact on me. Perhaps when he's a bit older I'll share it with him.

0 comments: