Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend stuff!

Friday was a fun day for me. I have been jealous of my older brother's craftsman skills. He had built him a desk in one corner of his kitchen for computer and bills and such. I wanted one too. I of course, would not be able to 'build' one, so I have been on a mission to find a good deal on a little desk. My computer in the past has been a little piece of counter space next to our stove. It isn't the most convenient place to have a laptop. Well Friday I went telling myself I had $20 and wouldn't spend over that. I found me a desk for guess??? $2!!!!! Yep- $2. The top is in rough shape but nothing some sanding and some stain can't fix. I'm so excited to refinish something. I love to do stuff like this. I just need for it to stop raining for more than 5 days in a row to do so. Cade asked what I was going to use for a chair. My huge yoga ball fit perfectly under the desk so I use it. It works great. I work on my core as I sit at the computer. Later Friday, Cade and I went to Pizza Hut to use Cade's Book It coupon. He loves to read and gets these quite often. I decided since he was being such a sweet kid and because Kelson had his day earlier in the week that he deserved a night out too. We had a fun, lots of good chats. He has a really cute personality if you can just get him away from his younger siblings. I think they just irritate him sometimes. Hey, he's the oldest. Isn't that how the oldest sibling is suppose to act?
Friday night we picked up Papa A at the airport. The kids were so excited. Excited isn't even a very good word to describe Analise. Perhaps more extatic. She has been waiting so long to have 'her' Papa back. We have only seen him 2 days since February 20ish. When we got in the van she immediately said, "Where G'ma?" She was concerned that Papa had left her behind. Mom is in the Phillepines until Thursday.
Saturday was cleaning and soccer games. I recruited everyone to help clean. It gets done so much faster this way. Cade was quite the trooper. He cleaned tables, glass doors, toilets, and bathtubs. It was great! It was raining but it just drizzled through Kelson's game. Not too bad. I have decided I'm a good weather soccer mom! I still endured! :) We ate at Mexico with Dad later. Nothing like Mexico! It tasted so good!
Sunday started out ok. However, half way through sharing time I got the worst stomach ache. I had to go home. Cheeto had already taught his lesson so it was ok for him. I got Zach Cordell, a recent RM, to teach my class. What a sweetheart! Kelson was ticked that we left early. Cade was scowling at first, later we found out he had thought he was in trouble and that's why we pulled him out of class to go home. Geez... did he have a reason to be in trouble? The rest of the day I had a sour stomach on top of a crampy stomach. It didn't make for a great afternoon. This morning I woke up ok, but as soon as I got up and going it all came back. Kelson is thrilled that I'm being lazy on the couch and watching kid shows with him. It is very difficult to watch a crazy 2 year old from the couch! Kelson is helping tremendously though! Thank goodness for my Kelson!


Funny Kid Quote of the Day

0 comments: