Wednesday, April 09, 2008

All in a day...

Cheeto had seen that Star Wars I -Attach of the Clones was on television over the weekend. He had decided it was rated PG and not too bad so allowed the boys to watch it. We, of course, watched it with them Sunday night. Cade didn't have school Monday so it was great timing. The boys loved it. However, that is all I have heard about for 2 days. Kelson was doing somersaults down the hall. Cheeto couldn't figure out what he was doing until he did one and stood up and started shooting. He was acting like the clone things in the movie. It was really quite funny! BOYS!
Cade had a student led parent conference at school Monday morning. He had prepared and organized a bunch of material to show how he is doing in school. His math is getting much better. He loves to read and is great at it. The one thing that surprised me was how much he loves to write stories. He is so creative and has written so much that one of his notebooks is chuck full of stories. He writes so fast though that sometimes his spelling goes to pot. We will have to work on that one. It was a great conference.
I have had this thing with an outfit I bought a month or so ago. I have been wondering if it was really what I wanted. I had pretty much convinced myself that it wasn't and I was going to return it all. However, I couldn't find the receipts so now I'm just stuck with it. Bummer! Oh well... live and learn. I did decide to change the top for a different color. Maybe that will make difference. While we were out doing this return yesterday, Kelson asked me when he could date. He meant when he could take me on a date. I explained to him that he had to ask his dad since I'm kind of already taken by the greatest man ever! :) He did ask dad when he came home from lunch. He even said, "Dad, I need a dollar." Cheeto asked why. Kelson said, "Because I need to pay for Mom's dinner. That's what boys do." I put this in his head. Teach them young right! Anywho... Cheeto got $10 from my wallet to give to Kelson. It was so cute. He put it in his spiderman wallet and was so excited to give it to the waitress. He chose to take me to Beef o' Brady's. This place has good food and lots of sports stuff around. The boys love it there. It's a great choice and good timing. Tuesdays kids eat free per every adult so we only had to pay for my meal. He was adorable. The owner came up to him and said it was really nice of him to want to take his mom out to dinner. It was nice for me to have just time with Kelson. We had lots of fun! Being the middle child, Kelson is either with the older one or with the younger one. He's rarely ever by himself. We then went to Walgreens to pick up a prescription for me. I have sinus infection and they gave me a Z-pak to help. I hope it starts to work soon. My teeth are killing me!

Beef o' Brady's- Kelson's Date Night with Mom.

Kelson was so excited when we got to take Daddy's car. He grinned the entire time.
They love "Raffi" - that is what the boy's named Cheetos' car.



Analise likes it when we comb her hair, especially when Daddy does it. Saturday when I left for the gym she was looking pretty sad. Her hair was everywhere. She was sick so Cheeto stayed home with her. When I got home he had put a twisty in it, only wrapping it around her piggy once. She loved it though, so Monday night she pulled out what I had done and asked him to do it again. Silly lil' girl!



1 comments:

Lacey said...

That is one of the cutest stories ever. What a sweet little boy. It is funny that you posted this because just last week I was telling Jason that I want to start taking one kid out with me every once in a while so I get to spend some time with them all by themselves. I actually want to take the older girls out and have us all do pedicures one day. Jason thinks I'm nuts.:0) Glad to see your date went well. Looks like Cheeto might have some competition!