Sunday, April 20, 2008


One would say that it has been an interesting few days. I haven't post all week for a number of reasons but I won't get into all of it. One because I can't remember back that far! :) Cheeto had asked me a week or more ago if he could go to Hilton Head, SC with Marcos to the PGA Golf Tournament. I think Cheeto was a bit shocked that I said sure immediately because he looked as if he had a list of arguments prepared in case I said no. He didn't have to break out that list. I have a few 'girls' weekends planned for the fall so it's only fair he get a guy's weekend. Marcos' firm was paying for everything so Cheeto just had the cost of gas down and back. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the 6+ hour drive down there that he would have to drive by himself. Cheeto very often doesn't sleep well so when he drives by himself of course I always worry. Cheeto is an excellent driver so I don't know why I do this. Sounds like he has had a great time! We have managed! I think that is the best word for our weekend. About 2:30pm Friday afternoon a lady called and asked if I could do her daughter's hands in an hour. It was pushing it to get things to work but I fit it in. She lives in Wilkesboro and rarely gets to Greensboro. She wants it done for mother's day. During the wrap up of this order Cade decided to pitch a screaming fit. This terrified the 4 month little girl. She then started screaming. Analise was into everything saying, "my tummy hurt!" Kelson was just walking around being Kelson. I had to laugh at that one. Cade's fits carried on through Saturday. So much so that I didn't allow him to attend a birthday party Saturday. I made him take his gift to his friend but he had to decide whether he would tell him his reasons for not being allowed to come. I talked to the boys mom and she was disappointed that Cade wasn't going but was pleased with my decision. She said it actually gave her son a wake-up call. Oh well, I can't threat and not follow through, so yep, I played the 'mean-mom' card. We also had 3 soccer games yesterday. Cade had one at 9am and 3pm and Kelson had one at 1pm. It made for an interesting day. During the 3pm game the wind really started to blow. I have been doing fine with allergies up until then. I started sneezing, my throat was itching like crazy, and my eyes began to itch and burn. I think the wind was just stirring up the pollen. It was a miserable evening. I'm not sure how the rest of today will go. I'm definitely going for eye drops tomorrow! Last night Teresa came over to watch a movie. I didn't want to stay up all night again alone since our kids go to bed at 7:30pm. I had to push myself to staying awake because of the condition of my eyes mixing with the pollen earlier. I made it but I didn't have a problem getting to sleep for the first couple of hours. I never sleep well without Cheeto. I can't wait for some real sleep tonight. It's nights like these that I have to really feel bad for Cheeto. He has some real sleeping problems. I don't know how he functions with so little sleep. We all are counting hours for Daddy! Especially his little girl!

Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Kelson has claimed to be Daddy! I allow Kelson to sleep with me while Cheeto is out of town. I don't like sleeping alone. I'm really not playing favorites, but Kelson is the only one I allow to do this. Cade
kicks, fights, talks and sometimes drools. Analise moves around too much still and I'm afraid she will roll off our bed which is pretty high with the risers. Kelson is a very mild sleeper and makes great company! Because of this though he thinks because he sleeps in daddy's spot that he assumed the role of daddy. He even slept in his underwear and undershirt- like daddy. Cade would say, "Stop saying you're the daddy! I only have one daddy!" All day yesterday he would walk holding my hand, give me lots of hugs and kisses and such. I asked him why he was so lovey today. His reply was, "Because Daddy is gone and you need the loves!" I guess he is watching when Cheeto gives me hugs and kisses throughout the day. Kelson noticed this and was trying to make up for Cheeto being gone! What a sweet kid!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the story about Kelson. What a sweet kid! Whenever Daniel ends up in our bed we get zero sleep - he kicks so bad.