Sunday, October 03, 2010

DAY 24 - C's birthday



The start to his day was stuck in the back of the van by himself. He was quite content sitting back there alone. A couple of years ago we were traveling back from the Outer Banks on his birthday and had his party a day later. He was so upset about me doing that to him. So this year I asked what he wanted. We were going to celebrate his birthday on Monday so I would have time to get things put back together and make him a cake. For weeks, he said he was fine with that. However, he changed his mind somewhere in the middle of Illinois Saturday afternoon! I called Damma and we scrambled to get a cake and the dinner he wanted put together. This is the first ever cake that was store bought. I was sad not to make the cake designed by the birthday-boy. But it made him happy to have his birthday ON his birthday!


This is how A2 self entertained herself. Hey, at this stage in the trip I was grasping at straws to keep her happy. The others kids did great but being strapped in a 5-point harness isn't much fun for 12-14 hours a day. She was quite pleased with her Dora display!


We finally were close! Only about an hour and a half left.
We got home about 15 minutes before our church started. We passed about half the ward headed to church as we were heading the opposite direction- HOME! We ran our suitcases in the house, retrieved our Sunday attire and loaded back in the "still-packed" van to go to church. I felt terrible. Later I found out that I had tonsillitis and a sinus infection, but I made it through church and C's party. I really don't like missing church. It makes for a very long week!
The short notice birthday cake!
We now know that Bruster's can make decent ice cream cakes.

All the birthday goodies!

I made him the apron. It's reversible. I made it big so he wouldn't out grow it in 6 months. He's growing like a weed!

LOVE THAT KID!!!

C got his very own set of Damma hot pads. He put them away in my kitchen drawer. One day about a week after his birthday he saw me using them. He said, "Mom! Are you using MY hot pads?!?!" I simply told him if they were in MY kitchen drawer then YES I was going to use them! :) I gave him the option of storing them elsewhere. He said it was ok for me to use them.


Any guesses who these were from?






0 comments: