Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Idaho Road Trip Day 1 and 2

I have been known for my packing skills but man... I did even better than I thought this time. As I started putting stuff together, I thought there was no way I was going to get our luggage plus the boys golf clubs, and my mom's suitcase in and still have a rear window to see out of. Oh, plenty of room. Not bad for 4 kids, two adults, plus life jackets and golf clubs for 3 weeks.

Thanks to an awesome friend that allowed me to borrow these fabulous carseat organizers at the last minute. I wanted to make some but then didn't because it wasn't in the plan to go to Idaho. Then we made the last minute pack to go and there was no time to make my own. They worked very well! It made it so I didn't have to hand them stuff every 30 minutes. I'm definitely making my own when I get back!


I made this "mile tracker" to help the kids see how far we had gone and how far we have to go. I printed off a van that looks just like ours and stuck it on a clothes pin so it would be easy to move. Each yellow paperclip represented 100 miles. Then I had red paperclips I used to clip up all the states we drove through. See the later post to see what the tracker looked like when we got to Idaho. It worked fabulous BTW!Look at all those smiles! I don't think they had a clue how far Idaho was! It didn't take very long for those pretty smiles to fade over the next 3 days.

Yay for G'ma C! We literally picked her up at the airport and drove to Ashland, Kentucky on Thursday night. She was so awesome helping with the kids and chatting with me the entire way. I have missed a lot of fun stories that goes on with my family. She was blessed with amazing patience! THanks MOM!!!!NAP TIMETOTAL BOREDOM!

1 comments:

Allison said...

I was thinking you took the kids all by yourself to Idaho! I was so relieved when I read that your mom went, too. You're still a brave woman, though! Have a fun trip!