Wednesday, August 26, 2009

sad to see G'ma and Papa C go...



The older kids really had a hard day the day my parents left. A1 had a few breakdowns wanting her Damma and Dampa! She has been the one that no matter how long it is between visits that she can still jump into their arms and feel like it has been only a day. She never forgets them! With the boys, there was always a "warming up" period. We had a great time with them. Our house just isn't big enough for us let alone guests. My parents refuse to take our bed and say this extra high air mattress is really comfortable. I would agree- I sleep great on it. My kids were all wanting to sleep there the night after they left. A1 fell asleep holding our "Puff the Magic Dragon" book. My mom sings this to each one of them every night when she is with them. A1 missed her so much that she slept with that book and has been carrying it around for days!

They spoil me of course! This time... my dad was my hero and fixed my leaky kitchen sink. Isn't it pretty!?!?!? I'm sure Cheeto could have fixed it eventually. His work schedule leaves little time for a "Honey DO" list. AND... I LOVE HIM... but he is not a Mr. Fix It kind of guy. He will get the job done but he very often gets frustrated and mad in the end. It's just easier for me to ask Dad when he comes. I love that he willingly does so! I ALWAYS have a project that needs his assistance. I LOVE YA DADDY!

I think the older my kids get, the harder it is getting for them to be away from my parents and siblings kids. They talk constantly about them constantly and wonder why we just can't go visit them all of the time. Of course, they don't fully understand the value of money and that it costs A LOT to fly and have no idea what 36 hours in a car would feel like. I hoping and praying that driving out next summer will become a reality. The plan is to have my mom drive out with us and then have Cheeto fly out there and drive back with us. If I do this, it's seriously going to be an entire summer that I spend out there. It will feel like a long time, but if I'm going to drive, I'm going to spend as much time out there as I can. The boys are just dying to live on the farm for awhile. The summer is a great time to spend on the farm- four wheelers, golfing, watching things grow, riding in the truck with my dad, golf camp with the cousins, OH- I'm getting so excited just writing it down!

1 comments:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

You are making me so homesick. I totally know how you feel! It has become harder for us to live so far away from family. Maybe someday we will egt to go back....