Monday, April 27, 2009

Our lazy weekend



We all have been sick around here. Even Damma has had it! We pretty much kept to ourselves after K's birthday on friday. Saturday we bummed around all morning. I even forgot that C had piano lessons. Oops! We then took the kids to some of the Parade of Homes in Greensboro. They behaved so well last year that we decided that we didn't have to find babysitters anymore to go. They really do enjoy walking through the houses. After homes and naps, A1 had her very first Daddy-Daughter Date. Chik-fil-a advertised a Daddy-Daughter Date Night early in the week. I thought it would a be good opportunity for Cheeto and Sassy. And of course, Cheeto really likes their food. I would have really had to do some bribery to get him to take her to McDonalds. :) She was so excited- especially because she got to Rafi (Rafi is the name of Cheeto's car. I know we are wierd- we name our cars). She has only rode in his car twice that I can think of so this was a big deal to her. He asked her out earlier in the week. All day she was so concerned that he had forgotten their date. I'm sure this is something they will have to do more often. I can't tell you how much she has talked about "her" night with dad the past few days. She also has this thing about calling us royalty names. Cheeto taught her. She will say, "Mommy, I'm the princess. Right? And Addelyn is another princess. You are the Tueen (she can't say Q's). Daddy is a Ting (she can't say K's and hard C's either. :) ). And my boys are... hmm... what do you call them. Oh yes. Prince! They are my prince's! That's what my daddy taught me!" It's moments like these when I wonder how people go through life and never want to have children. These moments make up for all the stress and frustration they cause us otherwise.

We decided to keep the girls home from church. Cheeto had to go because his primary class was in charge of sharing time or he would have stayed home too. We even opted out of going to our usual Sunday dinner at mom's. Thought we would keep our germs seperate for another day. I always feel like Sunday is an incredible long day when I don't go to church. We had leftovers for dinner so that made things really easy. Cheeto slept a good part of the afternoon. I had forgotten that we hadn't finished Papa A's birthday present so we worked on that a bit. The kids love to paint and Papa loves homemade art. ("But look, really look-It's so perdy!") So, I thought this would be the perfect gift. I pretty much let the kids have at it. I help a bit just to get the paint so it wasn't dripping but the rest was all them. Pretty good- eh? I can post it on here now for 2 reasons. 1) Dad is in Mexico and 2) he never checks our blog unless Mom shows it to him. :) After painting we played the Wii for a bit. I just love that thing! So much family fun! I know that may be contriversal but I don't care. For us- it's fun!


When it was time to start getting ready for bed, A2 decides to perk right up and start entertaining. She was so stinking cute. How can a 5 month old have a room laughing in 5 seconds flat? Well, it didn't take much to get the older kids wound up. A2 did a great job. I know some of the video is long. I also apologize for how many times C says, "I'm Gungry!" It was making A2 laugh so he kept doing it. I'm just warning you it gets really old after the first 25 times. :) We also had to show that she is starting to sit up on her own. Oh- slow down the time- PLEASE!!!





A2 does this smacking thing with her lips. She can get pretty noisy and VERY slobbery!


Funny Kid Quote of the Day

My mom told me this this morning. When my sister called K for his birthday she asked him if he felt like he was six yet. He said, "Nope, I haven't had my cake yet. After I have my cake I'll feel older." Well, when K called my mom Saturday to thank him for his gifts she asked him if he felt like he was six now that he had his cake. He said, "Nope, I still feel five. I'm still little Grandma." She said, "But you are getting so big." K,"Have you seen me Grandma? I'm pretty little!"

A1 went to a friends house while I was with K on his field trip last week. She told me that A1 was so funny. This friend had just moved here from Utah. Her older brother and I were graduated together. Let's face it, small town Idaho, everyone knows everyone. She had told Sassy that she knew her grandparents. Sassy said, "Really? They live far away so they have to live in the airport!"

1 comments:

Jody said...

The kids are so cute. I can't believe the baby is getting so big and already starting to sit up!