Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our week of Kelson


Happy Birthday our sweet Kelson! You bring such a sweet spirit to our home. Our family wouldn't be complete without you! You have a twinkle in your eye that shows your tender heart and your love for life. We love you bunches and hope you have another fabulous year! Love you Mijo!


So... he requested a Wii party! I wasn't quite sure how to start the cake for this one. I decided to take a picture of his Mii character and try to recreate it. Not sure it worked out as well as I would have liked but he was THRILLED, so I suppose that's all that matters!

So happy for his presents

His first pair of NEW shoes. He has always used Cade's hand-me-downs!


Got to love anything Star Wars! Thanks Aunt Becky and Uncle Kyle and kids!

Wii Mario Kart! So excited to share this one! Thank you G'ma and Papa C!
This math game is quite fun! Cade loves it! So for him to enjoy it I really thought Kelson would to. Kelson really is getting into math at school and is quite good at it. We played it this morning and Kelson schooled us all! Lots of story problems that will help him for later and also gets Cade thinking as well! I love it when the boys get along so well! Thanks Damma and Papa A!


This is the first time I have had a birthday for one of my kids during school. Cade's is in the summer. K's teachers were gone so their was a subsititute. He was telling her the "rules" for the birthday kid. He got a hat that he sported ALL DAY! He said the class had to sing to him and then he had to take the first bite of his snack. The first bite was a very big deal to him for some reason. Funny kid! He made all of this known then acted all shy about it.
Wednesday was K's field trip to the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro, NC. A2 and I got to tag along. It was an interesting morning getting out the door. A1 was to spend the day with Damma. Unfortunately, she called early and said she was sure had pink eye- which she was right. Thank goodness for fabulous friends that bailed me out on short notice!
We had a great time. It was windy and cold at first but turned out to be an ok day. I felt like a car had hit my by that night. The wind was pretty rough on us. A2 got to sit and stay warm in the stroller. K asked at one point if I would carry A2so he could ride. I bet most of you know the answer he got as well as the look I gave him. :) I had a hand party that night as well. It was a very long and crazy day but a great one at that!


5 comments:

Lacey said...

I think the cake looks great. Looks like it was a great day!

Lyndzi said...

I think that's a pretty impressive cake. How do you have a Wii party? :)

Tia J said...

Happy Birthday Kelson!! I thought of you all day on your birthday! It looks like you had a great day.
Shena nice job on the cake I think it was great.

Its All Good Ya'll said...

Happy Birthday Dude! Shena I love the cake, great idea!

AdAmy said...

What a cool idea for his cake. I love his "cheeser" in almost every picture, cute kid!