Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My day of Tears

Yep- Mom and Erin had to go home to their families and husbands today. They had to leave by 5am. It was so convinient that Addelyn woke up at 4:30am for a feeding. I was able to see them for a few more minutes and say goodbye. Analise came walking down the hall just as they were walking out the door. Analise got this pout on her face and started to tear up when mom was telling her goodbye. That's when I lost it. Up until then I was doing so good! It got worse after she left. Analise started the hiccup crying after she watched them drive away! She then wanted her daddy! She went and got in bed with him. She cried again when she woke up. She really bonded with mom and Erin.
I hate this part of their visits. However, it wasn't so bad saying good bye to mom since she will be back with Dad in just 3 weeks. But I don't know the next time I'll see my sister. Sometimes it's years in between visits. I love where I live. I love my home and my life here on the east coast but the miles between me and my family is too much at times. They were such a great help this past week. They cleaned my embarrassing dirty bathrooms and house. They made dinners, did laundry, bathed kids, read stories, and loved on everyone. Words can't say how grateful I am for loving family. Sky made his schedule work so Erin could come. That in and of itself was a great sacrifice. Let alone giving up her kids for a week. Mom and Dad always make a time and spend the money to come see me. There are so many parents that don't do that. For that, I am also grateful! My kids seem to pick up with them just as if they saw them yesterday. I find that very special. I want them to have the same relationship with my parents as they do with Cheeto's even though they don't live close.
Analise just brought a tissue to wipe them away and said, "Mommy, it's ok. Damma will be back at my birthday!" What a sweet little girl! Such a lovey kid! So here I am living my day of tears.I always do this the day my mom leaves. Tomorrow will back to normal. Thank you mom and Erin for all you did. Mom for the shoes, skirts, baby blankets, clothes and much much more! Erin- you went above and beyond. You honestly spoil me! Addelyn thanks you too!

1 comments:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

I am right there with you! My family is on the west coast and I am the only one of my 3 sisters that is on the east coast. Like you, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my life here, but I get so homesick. My mom came when Claire was born and stayed for two weeks and I hated it when she left so I feel your pain. Cheer up - you have awesome friends and family here and we love you and your adorable kids too!