Sunday, December 21, 2008

10 year Anniversary Date


When Cade was just a baby, Cheeto surprised me with an anniversary trip, in "August." He told me to be ready for a date one Friday night. When he got home he told me to start packing a bag for two nights. I had no idea what to pack. Then he said to pack stuff for Cade to stay at Grandma's. I was shocked! He got the idea from a really good friend of ours. They switch off every year who plans their anniversary trip. We celebrate ours usually in the summer sometime because our anniversary is in December, Cheeto's birthday is in January and mine is in February. It seems like everything runs together so this is a great way to break it up a bit. Well, Cheeto's job made celebrating during the summer pretty difficult. And Addelyn kind of made doing anything romantic and overnight pointless. Cheeto has been really wanting to go to Red Robin for his favorite hamburger for forever. We went there, ran a Christmas errand, and went home to watch "Get Smart" with Steve Carell- one of favorite actors. I decided to sort out Christmas for the kids and get it all wrapped. I surprised Cheeto with his favorite dessert- Cheryl's Strawberry Brownie Torte. However, Cheeto surprised me more. When I got up for Addelyn's 2:30am feeding there was a card and a book on the couch. The book was actually a beautiful leather bound journal. In it he wrote, "Why I Love Shena". Of course, that's all you're going to know. But to me, nothing means more than just reading these words. I have the best husband ever!!!! It wasn't all romantic by worldly terms. But was all I needed! Thanks Tia for having a sleepover with the older kids.

Cheeto lovin his Red Robin Burger!


0 comments: