Wednesday, May 14, 2008

where did they come from?

My biggest beef for the day is ants! I went into the kitchen this afternoon to do a little cleaning up after lunch and found many ants on the floor, dishwasher, sink, and counter tops. We bought our house new in 1999. So I guess after 9 years ant free, it was bound to happen at sometime. I hear in the south everyone has ants. It's just something that happens. I guess I should consider the cup half full on this one. I haven't had to deal with them thus far. Oh to live in Idaho! I called Cheeto and he came over to inspect the situation as well. Analise was cracking us up. She kept saying "Spider Mommy! Save me!" She didn't like that I sat her on a stool. Cheeto told her they were ants and could crawl anywhere so it didn't matter that she was on a stool. I think Cheeto spooked her a bit. After he left all she wanted to do was call Tio Marcos. I'm not sure why. Perhaps to just tell him about the spider, well- ant, incident. We never did pinpoint one spot they were coming and going from. It remains a mystery! Kelson and I stood with a tissue in hand and started smooshing ants. He thought it was fun. Odd! I did some cleaning and sprayed some ant killer aroundthe floor where they were mostly seen. We are going to get some ant bait thingys and see if that helps the problem. I'm not to the point where I want to hire professional help. They charge so much and require signing a yearly contract. I don't think that is necessary yet.


Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Yesterday for Kelson's pictures he wanted "daddy's" gel in his hair. He was worried that dad would be upset with him for using it without asking. I assured him I would deal with dad if dad was mad. Of course, he wouldn't really care! After the gel had dried it freaked Kelson out. He was barely touching his head and said, "Mommy, my hair feels creepy! I don't like daddy's gel anymore." I told him he meant crusty. He said, "NO! IT'S CREEPY!" Kelson mixes things up from time to time. The other day we were having problems getting the boys to cooperate through FHE> Kelson kept saying he had to lie down because his tummy was hungry and if he sat up his tummy was mad. I'm pretty sure he meant he had a stomach ache not hunger pains.

1 comments:

Lacey said...

I hate ants! Jason and I discovered the best stuff for pests. It is that Ortho Home Defense Max stuff. You spray it all along the walls on the inside of your home and it keeps things from coming in. It is safe for pets and kids. Our house was built a year ago in a brand new subdivision so most people here have problems with spiders. We have only found one in our house. We used the Ortho stuff in Texas where we had those fire ants and it kept ants out of the house so I would assume it would work in NC. You can get the stuff at Walmart, Target, Lowes, you get the picture. It has worked wonders for us and doesn't leave a funky smell. I think you are supposed to reapply it every 3 to 4 months but we can usually go closer to 6 months. It's worth a try!