Tuesday, May 20, 2008

OH.... a clean house!

I started yesterday morning off to just picking up the house. After camping it seemed like there were just piles of stuff everywhere. Well, 'picking up' led to much more. I got a cleaning spree. Ashley called early and asked if Kelson could go play with Jacob. He was out the door before 8am. I used the time wisely and started cleaning. Analise was a great runner for things. She helped me as much as a good lil' 2 year old could. When I went to pick up Kelson he was so upset with me that I cleaned without him. Weird kid! We enjoyed our afternoon quiet time and waited for Cade. Cade doesn't have homework all week because of end of year assessments. This allowed me to run a few errands. I was going to go pay for swimming lessons so I put $70 in my back pocket to do so. At the last minute I changed my mind. When I got home from the other errands, the money was gone. It must of fell out of my pocket at Harris Teeter or something. OH! I'm so mad! Pure stupidity! I was hoping some honest person would turn it in, but what are the chances of that happening in our world today? Slim to none! I almost wanted Cheeto to be mad at me because I was so mad at myself. However, he is Cheeto. He helped me look for it around the house and just acted like everything would be fine. He is so good at keeping a positive attitude when I'm so down on the world! I married an incredibly forgiving man. So this morning, my goal is to get the lawn mowed before it starts to rain again. Our yard is the white-trash of the neighborhood. Perhaps mowing will work off some built up anger from losing the money. I keep thinking of my friend, Ashley, who lost hundreds of dollars last winter. So, perhaps I should be grateful that it was only $70. Still...... how frustrating!

2 comments:

Rich and Andrea said...

Hey Shena...that sucks about your money - $70 bucks is $70 bucks. I want you to know that I was walking through the Albertsons parking lot last week and found 4 $5 bills on the ground and turned them back in. There are still a few honest people left in the world, too bad there's not more. I hope you find it in some lucky place cause that really bites!

Lacey said...

I have to second Andrea, 70 bucks is 70 bucks. I would be sooo mad. I had Kaitlyn ask me what finders keepers means just this morning. I guess she had heard it as school. It is sad that so many people think that if something is lost and they find it that it is thiers to keep. Like the person who lost it could care less that it is gone. I hope you find the money.