Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sewing, Girls Night, Camping, Hair cuts, Cleaning and Roaches

SEWING
Oh what a week! If anyone knows me, and I mean really knows me. They will tell you that crafting is my thing. I can't get enough of it. So just because I have 4 or 5 things already in progress, it's so like me to add one more to the mix. I have been working on making these "Creation" FHE visuals. They have been pretty time consuming punching die cuts and finding the necessary papers. So far I'm working on it one day a week with some friends from church. That's just one project. Last Sunday as I was looking for Analise a dress I realized she really only had one that still fit. I didn't want to spend the time and gas going around town looking for an adorable dress with the right price, so I decided to make her some with fabric that I had collected over the past few years. Cheeto rolled his eyes and I knew what the look was. "Do you really have the time and energy for this?" Answer: "YES! If I want our daughter to be adorable!" :) I will make time. Thursday morning I woke up and started looking through fabric. Analise came to explore her options as well. She found some Steelers fabric which she pulled out screaming with joy! She was so excited about her findings. She immediately started saying "make steelers dress mommy!" Can anyone say Daddy's girl? Cheeto was still snoozing when she ran in to show him her findings. I wanted to make the red bumble bee dress before the steelers dress just in case I didn't have time to finish another one. Analise did not like that I made the red one first. When I would ask her to try it on she would say "NO! Not steelers dress!" Can a 2 year old really refuse to do such things? She is not nicknamed 'Sassy' for no reason! Friday morning as soon as Cade was out the door at 7am, Analise had that Steelers fabric on my lap asking for her dress. I had it finished by 9am. I was sewing in between cleaning up breakfast dishes, showering and doing my hair but it got done and Analise was all grins for the rest of the morning. I put it on her and she said, "Me Steelers Princess!" She then proceeded to twirl and fluff her hair. She is such a girly girl! I love it! Cheeto had stopped by unexpected for a minute shortly after this. Analise went running for the door and stood on the porch step to model her dress for her #1 Steelers fan- Daddy! Cheeto loved it! I made one more dress that morning. Of course the Steelers dress will not be worn at church but the other two will be good for summer church dresses. After all my sewing of Analise's dresses, Cheeto asked me when his pants would be mended or his pillow sewn back up. Sorry, honey- later. Mending just isn't as fun as creating.



GIRLS NIGHT
The boys were going on a Father-Son camp out with the ward. It was only appropriate and expected that the girls were going out as well. However, it was going to be nothing like camping! Mom, Lettie, Analise and I went to Cafe Pasta in Old State Street. I'm not a huge restaurant pasta fan because the sauces can sometimes be pretty extravagant for my tastes. However, I got some Chicken Tortilini that was awesome! Analise won't eat spaghetti at home so I kinda knew she wouldn't go for the pasta but she loved the chicken. Analise is somewhat of a carnivore. She loves her meat! Afterwards we went to Target to find Sassy some sunglasses. Mom and Lettie looked for a few things and then we went to get Sunday dinner groceries next door. After the shopping trip we went back to my house to watch a good chick-flick, "PS I Love You." It was so sad. I'm glad I didn't watch it with Cheeto. Definitely a tear jerker! Analise was being good and Tia Lettie was enjoying her company so I let her stay up with us. She ended up sleeping with me that night. I have to say it's so much fun having a daughter on these Father-Son campout nights. We had lots of fun. Just wished Melissa and Lil' Lettie could have joined us. I'm sure Adam and their little boys would have fun with guys as well. Since Marcos has been camping with us before he was asked about and missed by Cade and Kelson.



CAMPING
Two weekends in a row for camping! The boys are on cloud 9. I'm not sure Cheeto and Dad were! They went to a place called Camp Gilrock. The ward reserves a bunch of spots and you just show up and pay $2 per person to camp. Cheeto and the boys have been doing this weekend for the past couple of years. It seems to be a lot of fun. There are lots of kids there for the boys to play with and they have various activities for them all to do. The rest of this is going to be second-hand stories from what I heard from Cheeto. The boys had requested Papa's burritos for dinner. They go camping and the only thing they cook were smores. Kelson and Cheeto played catch for a bit and then another boy from Cheeto's primary class joined them. Kelson enjoyed playing with the 'older' boys. Cade was playing something with light savers or exploring or something. I'm not sure. Later, Kelson and one of his friends were playing with sticks in the fire. The other boy accidently burned Kelson behind the ear with his stick. Dennis, our trusty medical supply friend was there in a flash to fix him up. Thanks Dennis- for saving my baby! :) After cooking smores the boys usually go right to bed, well not that night. Cheeto said it was after midnight for Kelson. That explained his grumpiness all day yesterday! The boys were home shortly after 8:30am. They picked up McDonald's breakfast on the way home. Cade and Kelson said they liked it when Grandma and Mommy went camping with them. I'm sure it's because they have to help less and all the meals are cooked for them. We are planning one more trip to Hanging Rock soon. Hopefully, Marcos can come with us. We shall see! The boys love their Tio to camp with them. (Even if he screams like a girl when he finds a tick! :) Good news: all came home tick free this time! NOTE: Even though I sent my camera with Cheeto- it came back with no new pictures. I took the picture of Kelson's burn after the fact.



HAIR CUTS & CLEANING
We wasted no time getting the house picked up and hair cut. By 10am 3 heads had been shaved and the house was clean. Only the laundry was left to do. We were going to get to Costco but Cheeto said he could barely keep his eyes open. I told him he wouldn't be driving. This made Cheeto go take a nap. He slept an hour and a half. I fed kids and kept the laundry going. I even mended his pants, pillow and the boys NC State aprons. We left about 12:30pm. Analise was out shortly after sitting her in her carseat. Kelson was fighting it. By the time we got home from Costco, I was ready for some quiet time. Cheeto was ready for another nap.

ROACHES
We slept until about 4pm and then decided to try out the Ortho Home Defense stuff my friends had recommended. I had used it around the house and it has seemed to be working so we decided to go through our shed and do the same. The cockroaches were 'seeming to get bad' out there. "Seeming" didn't even come close to describe it! They were awful, gross, disgusting.... the list could go on. The boys had helped Cheeto take out all the stuff and spread it out on the lawn. I went out to see if I could help. I probably wasn't the best help, but I sucked it up and did it. We found about 3-4 nests in there just on the flour. Thankfully not in my golf bag, carseats or strollers! Cheeto would pull out a sheet of wood or something and they would all start to scatter. My job was to start spraying them as soon as he would pull something out. It would take them a few minutes to die. They would climb up the walls and ceiling and then fall when they couldn't hang on any longer. One ran across my bare toes in flip flops. I screamed and flipped my flop across the shed. It made Cheeto jump and Cade laugh at his mother. Cade and Kelson thought it was hilarious as their mother would squeal. It was so nasty, it's still giving me the creepy crawlies! These were far from little things either- some were 1-2 inches long! Lettie asked us to go help her move some furniture in her house so we sprayed them all really well and left them to die while we went to help her. When we got back they all lied dead on the floor. Cheeto swept them up and moved things around a bit while I fed and bathed the kids. I then left Cade to babysit while I finished helping Cheeto. It looks so much better. I hope the Ortho stuff keeps them out through the summer. The stuff is pretty cheap at $7 a gallon. If it works, I'm going to be using this stuff Spring and Fall. So far it has taken care of our ant situation.
Cheeto and I were exhausted even after our naps. Cheeto has had a stressful week at work and was unable to sleep last night. He is completely opposite from me when it comes to stress. When I'm stressed I fall sleep like crazy- stress wears me out. Cheeto stays up all night. It was almost 4:30am when he went to sleep this morning! Poor guy! He'll be "Max" at church today. (Family joke!)

4 comments:

Lacey said...

I'm so glad that the Ortho stuff worked. We have used it tons and have good luck. So sorry about the cockroaches. No fun!

Allison said...

Those dresses are adorable! You're so talented!

Rich and Andrea said...

okay so wow! I wish that I knew how to sew that well, that I could just whip up 3 dresses in a morning. I need to learn. And yuck with the cockroaches, I would have showered and not gone back out and soon as the one crossed my bare toes in flip flops. Good job for toughing it out.

melissa said...

Analise is so adorable. What cute girls we make huh? Love the dresses too! I'm excited we are coming soon. I wish I could stay for 2 weeks!