Sunday, May 04, 2008

OH WHAT A DAY!

Yesterday had to be one of the craziest Saturday's in a long time. But before I go on to explain our day I have to say before I forget... CHEETO PASSED ANOTHER TEST! Only 5 more to go. He is even thinking of taking a week off. I'm so excited to have him a night or two this week. I don't want to get use to it though. We have to keep pushing just to get it done! I'm very proud of him. He is working so hard. It's a blessing to have a self-motivated husband. He enjoys his work and that makes me happy.

I also have to explain why I haven't posted in days/weeks. Mother's day is approaching and I have had some impression appointments filling spare time. And if like I had more time to fill, I started restoring an old desk I had bought a few weeks ago for $2. I had to buy some sandpaper but already had the stain and sealer. So really the desk only cost me $7. Sweet deal- eh? Kelson and I started stripping the paint and such on Thursday and finished it Saturday. I think it looks great. Well, it couldn't look any worse than it did.



Ok... onto Saturday. We woke up early to finish some house cleaning and cut all the boy's hair. It was way past due which took me longer to cut it. They all look like my boys again. We had to be to Cade's final Soccer game by 10am. Well, actually a bit before so we could get there pictures taken. The field assignments were all messed up and we walked up to find the game had already started. Rats.... what about pictures. Oh well they'll just have to be taken all yucky and sweaty after the game. Hey, whatever works! Kelson whined just about the entire game. Tio Marcos and Haley were in town so it was fun to have them there as well.


We came home for a quick lunch and a quick power nap. We had about an hour to do both. Kelson's final game started at 1pm. Only one other player showed up from his team so they just combined with another team with the same situation. They ended up playing drill games and such. I think Kelson enjoyed that more anyway. So after all that explaining... I'm excited to say that soccer season is officially over. We do have an awards game to go Saturday, but I think we can handle that!
Lettie and Dad were having a birthday party at 5pm. It was only about 2:30pm at this point. Cheeto wanted to go look at more parade of homes. This is one of favorite things to do. Cheeto and I love to look at houses! We are both very big critics when it comes to looking at houses as well. We know what we like and definitely know what we don't. For the most part, our likes and dislikes are alike. (How many "likes" could I write in one sentence?) We had the kids with us and decided to try taking them. To be a bragging parent, our kids were great! They folded their arms and walked quietly through about 5-6 houses. One house the bedrooms had these little 'nooks' off the room. One had a disney mural painted all over the wall. They loved that. I think it slowed us down a little bit by taking them, but it was fun to have them with us. I think our days of having to have a babysitter for everything we do are getting less. We had a nice afternoon with the kids. This was one of the homes that we both loved! We had to take a picture of it! We like the detached garage look. Cheeto wants to have his office above the garage so it's completely away from the noise and chaos.

We came home, changed clothes- fast, and headed to Mom and Dad's. They had so much yummy homemade Mexican food! Being married to a mexican has it's pros- I'm tellin ya! I'm spoiled! I have these stomach aches that
have hit me almost every night this week. Last night was not the night to have a stomach ache. I wanted to eat that good food. Our Tia Alicia had made Tomales- YUM! I was a bit bummed to say the least. The party was mostly outside and my allergies were driving me nuts. After spending almost the entire day outside by last night I had had it with them. I spent most of the evening inside talking with other guests. It was still a nice party.

Funny Kid Quote of the Day
As we were looking a $1 million home, Cade says, "Dad, is this house for sale?" Cheeto replies,"Yes." Kelson, "Do you think we can buy today if we like it?" Cheeto and I both chuckle and jokingly said, "Probably not, maybe in a few years." Kelson states, "Ok, maybe tomorrow then."

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Shena, your desk looks great. You know how to do things well and you have a great eye. You are just so smart. Audra
PS.. thanks for teaching that other class yesterday:)

Lacey said...

Hurray for Cheeto passing another test! I have to chuckle that you put a picture of that house with the arch the way it is and the garage on the other side. Jason and I were driving around some of the ritzy neighborhoods near where I was doing my training and saw a house very similar to the one you posted and we absolutely loved it. I guess that great minds think alike! :0)