Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Just when you think life can't get any more crazy or worse... it throws you a curve ball and of course, I always hit and miss! The past few weeks we have had our share of ups and downs. Just going back to Monday makes wonder how I ever made it to Wednesday. Monday was Memorial Day and Cheeto had a tee time with Dad at 8:45am. It was a good stress reliever for Cheeto. He has had a pretty rough couple of weeks so I didn't feel bad that I didn't get to go. The kids and I did some picking up around the house through the morning. Mom wanted to go to the movies. After looking at what was available we decided there wasn't much out there for kids. We settled on Nim's Island. It wasn't a kid movie like Horton's Hears a Who but it was a cute movie and all 3 kids did great. Afterwards, we all took some quiet time. Though, not all of us took naps- ie Cade and Kelson. At 4:30pm we started packing up bikes to go for a picnic dinner in the park. I thought this would be a great evening for it since Cade didn't have homework and we didn't have to wait for Cheeto to get off work. The picnic part went pretty well but the bike ride was a total disaster. Cade's bike is a bit big for him. Both of the boys are very timid when it comes to bike riding. Neither one of them enjoy going fast and total fear sets in as soon as they start to see a downgrade and they freak out. Cade got so upset and kept threatening to quit. Cheeto kept telling him he doesn't get to quit that easy. Cade ended up walking his bike half the time. That was just the beginning of a rough week for Cade. We have yet to find our groove with him. He has the teenager big brother attitude that snaps and talks back to almost everyone! This morning was awful! I hate sending him out the door when we are both mad at each other. I pray the groove will come soon.



Yesterday we had an extra 5 year old with us. A friend from Cheeto's office needed some babysitting help so I offered. She was really easy to watch. I ran errands all morning and managed just fine with all three of them. I went to check out another fitness center called The Rush. I really liked it. I don't know if it's in my price range but I really liked it. Kelson fell in love with the kids care center. We had some quiet time and then I had to start getting ready for an impression party I had in Virginia. The party went really well. It was for the Arellano side of the family. Can you say white girl and lots of Mexicans? That's what it was. Well, mom was there too, so 2 white girls and lots of Mexicans. We had a good time and the party went well. It was worth my time. I spent this morning fighting to get Cade out the door and finalizing some of the party details. I had a physical therapy appointment this morning. My side pains have returns since I did all the yard work last week. I jumped to get it fixed rather than letting it fester too long. I was glad. Lindsay said it was good and inflamed and needed some work. I have some stretches and strength work to do to get it better. Man, I had started to feel so well I forgot how awful it use to be. That is one blessing- finding Lindsay! I recommend her to anyone!

Funny Kid Quote of the Day
We were in the car and Cade was being sassy and rude. I called his name many times trying to get his attention just to tell him he needed to talk nicer to Kelson. Granted I was trying to be nice and not yell. When he finally responded, I asked him what took him so long to answer me. His reply, "Mom, you were interrupting me! I was yelling at Kelson!"

1 comments:

Lacey said...

Your kid quote of the day is too funny! What is it with siblings trying to discipline each other? Kaitlyn had to stand in the corner yesterday because she decided that her little brother needed a big spanking. When I asked her why she spanked him she said that he wasn't listening to her and she counted to 3. The good news is that most of the time she is quite the sweetheart and big helper. Little pill!